IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
STI Insurance..

Anybody have an ideas how I can repair a burn mark on the blue rug? It was caused by a light bulb my friend and I used and had left on the rug when we were installing my headunit. Didn't notice it until today when we finished the installation. Think its worth cutting a piece of the rug from a different part of the car (like underneath the seat) and glue it over the burned piece? Ive had my STi for 4 weeks and already its turning into a shit box.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I'm thinking you should probably leave well enough alone. Gluing and cutting carpet won't make it look any better.

Is it coverable with a set of floor mats? If not...well.....not much that can be done short of a carpet replacement.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zapco amps wanted

Its very coverable by floor mats. It was a small hole burnt into it, nothing serious. I took a blue marker to make it somewhat blend in w/ the carpet. Otherwise Im not gunna worry about it. shit happens.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
find out how much replacement carpet is. I have always looked around for a replacement carpet for my cars while they are still fairly new. If you find a good deal and put the carpet away for a few years you will have a new one ready to roll when the original one gets worn and shabby. Nothing makes a car look brand new than a nice clean carpet. :)

(same can go for seat covers. If you find a good deal from eBay or a wrecked car, snap them up. This will be more difficult with the STi than other cars, but hey it's always a good idea to keep your eyes open)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts