IW STi Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, finally I have everything for my upgrade (except the turbo - come on FP!) I order..

Walbro pump
PE 850cc injectors
FP20G Turbo
Axxis Ultimate Brakes
Cobb Heat Shield
turbo wrap
and of course the SSAUTOCHROME TMIC

Now, let me say.. the ssautochrome packaging was rediculously good. You could have thrown this box off the entire state building and im sure the tmic would be good to put on. No bent fins, no dings, no scratches.

The tmic came with a new BOV, hoses, y-pipe, some other pipe im not familiar with, new tubes that connect in front of the tmic, and all new t-bolt clamps for everything. Im impressed for $300.

About this BOV.. should I use it or keep the stocker?

James

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
VSGTS14 said:
get a different bov, the stocker can only hold about 22...if you plan to run more.

What about the one that came with this TMIC ?

·
Registered
145 Posts
its going to make you run rich between shifts, and will screw up your idle, stick with stocker or get a recirculating blow off valve like the aps 1.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
turbowrx06 said:
its going to make you run rich between shifts, and will screw up your idle, stick with stocker or get a recirculating blow off valve like the aps 1.

care to explain how that happens? is it because its a bov compared to a stock recirculating valve?

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
congrats on hte mods

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Sounds like its going to be a great setup, congrats man. Definately keep us updated.

·
Registered
548 Posts
siusti said:
care to explain how that happens? is it because its a bov compared to a stock recirculating valve?

when the throttle body is shut , between shifts during hard accel.for instance, the BPV returns the on-coming air , measured by the maf and compressed by the turbo but not yet used by the engine, back to the intake track before the turbo (but after the maf.). this prevents potential damage to throttle body and turbo and helps to keep the turbo spooling and does not screw up the readings from the maf as the air is kept inside the intake track . if a bov is used, the readings from the maf are screwed up because bov releases the air to the atmosphere. so air that has been accounted for will never enter the engine and mix up with its fair share of fuel . so to much fuel for incoming air.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the ambush said:
when the throttle body is shut , between shifts during hard accel.for instance, the BPV returns the on-coming air , measured by the maf and compressed by the turbo but not yet used by the engine, back to the intake track before the turbo (but after the maf.). this prevents potential damage to throttle body and turbo and helps to keep the turbo spooling and does not screw up the readings from the maf as the air is kept inside the intake track . if a bov is used, the readings from the maf are screwed up because bov releases the air to the atmosphere. so air that has been accounted for will never enter the engine and mix up with its fair share of fuel . so to much fuel for incoming air.

great, thanx for the info!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Boxer112 said:
where did u get da autochrome TMIC??? V

www.ebay.com

just search for sti tmic and youll find a bunch. you can also search for the seller which is ssautochrome

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
^ APS 725 FMIC + APS 70mm CAI?

That is one big Front Mount. I should get one for my VF39 and really not have to worry about heat soak :lol:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
booSTi561 said:
^ APS 725 FMIC + APS 70mm CAI?

That is one big Front Mount. I should get one for my VF39 and really not have to worry about heat soak :lol:

ahh yeah thats nice.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts