IW STi Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
this site is dead and now im retiring from the internet after my final kill. peace out ** boy.
Is funny how retarded people can be, my brother has a stock location 20g tomei turbo making 363 awhp, and the hawk eye that fucking says ETS on the intercooler is the one with a ETS 6266 u dumb fuck.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Do yourself a favor and just try not to listen to that guy this going to be a lot of trolls he does have valid points to say sometimes but it seems to be clear that you know what you're talking about to a certain degree I hope that we can educate you further

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,592 Posts
Just because i’m 15 doesn’t me i don’t know anything. I have took a part and rebuilt at least 3 motors 1 by my and the others with help. Age doesn’t mean everything.
Never counted age into anything I'd written in your thread. Until now. Your responses are becoming childish. Don't fall to the level of others, write more clearly and respond in a more mature manner.

About the built heads? Several of us have answered correctly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Do yourself a favor and just try not to listen to that guy this going to be a lot of trolls he does have valid points to say sometimes but it seems to be clear that you know what you're talking about to a certain degree I hope that we can educate you further

Yea I kinda realized this after a while, I am going to turn it up eventually, and since I need a new valve train and I can do most of the machine work and stuff at my dads shop that cuts down a decent amount of the price so we will most likely only have a specialized shop do the advanced machine work. So I guess my question is should I spend the extra money for oversized valves and cams or just keep the heads stock

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
better to do it once...

yea that’s what i’m thinking, will watch and read up on some articles about diy porting. Then take it slow and figure it out. Will post updates when i get around to it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm currently having my car built to handle 400 WHP on corn with a 20g turbo. I'm leaving my heads stock, but having them factory refreshed. That set me back 400 dollars per head. Not 100% sure why you don't want to max the capability of the hardware you already have, if you can't get a smaller/better turbo to make 400 WHP(seems like you understand why a 6266 is WAY too big).

If you've got the money to pull the short block and want to max out a 6266 in the future, then yes, you need to build the heads. So set aside 3K or more for that. These cars aren't cheap to build properly. Lets just say I'm at 20K for my setup. And that comes from busting my ass as an airline pilot. Good luck my man. At 15, I'd be dead with a maxed out 6266 sti. Be careful, seriously.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I'm currently having my car built to handle 400 WHP on corn with a 20g turbo. I'm leaving my heads stock, but having them factory refreshed. That set me back 400 dollars per head. Not 100% sure why you don't want to max the capability of the hardware you already have, if you can't get a smaller/better turbo to make 400 WHP(seems like you understand why a 6266 is WAY too big).

If you've got the money to pull the short block and want to max out a 6266 in the future, then yes, you need to build the heads. So set aside 3K or more for that. These cars aren't cheap to build properly. Lets just say I'm at 20K for my setup. And that comes from busting my ass as an airline pilot. Good luck my man. At 15, I'd be dead with a maxed out 6266 sti. Be careful, seriously.
I plan to turn it up later, but i want to be conservative to make the car last because i will need to drive to school work and anywhere else on the daily. I am going to port and polish either way so I will think about going the full mile not exactly sure yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I plan to turn it up later, but i want to be conservative to make the car last because i will need to drive to school work and anywhere else on the daily. I am going to port and polish either way so I will think about going the full mile not exactly sure yet.
Yeah, you might also run into some drivability issues with say a 272 grind. If it were me, I'd do the heads exactly how you want them as an end goal. Why do em twice?

·
Registered
238 Posts
doing your heads will definitely give you more rpm range instead of the 7k limit from the factory heads. i did mine with bc 280s and everything else and have a rpm range up to 8k now

·
Premium Member
5,592 Posts
. . . which leads to more hp at lower boost - and helps gain back power-band as low end of it rises with a big turbo . . . could end up being a significant gain i drive-ability wise - especially with a big turbo held back. This is where building for performance beats achieving a HP goal. Area under the curve makes a fast car, not the highest number.

Reactions: CTSparky

·
pwn n00bs
18,228 Posts
s2 grind cams
.05 oversized valves
just do them while the motor is out. this setup gives you great play for 450whp and up. if you have a turbo that large, then just do the work necessary to use it. building the heads isn't hard, just the parts are expensive.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts