IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 sti and am building the motor with forged internals and a ets rotated kit, 6266 precision turbo. I am thinking about building the heads, port and polish, bc cams and maybe 1 over valves but am not sure if it will be worth it. Are there any real advantages to those mods for my power goal of 400whp, or should I just turn up the boost. My older brother made 360 whp in his 05 sti with a 20g. And I know i am a verrry lucky 15 year old so no need for criticism I am just here for helpful information.

·
Registered
9,203 Posts

I would do built heads above 500whp

·
Premium Member
5,598 Posts
6266 is way overkill - and will not be a great 400WHP turbo. You won't need any headwork with it though :)

400AWHP on 93 or E?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
6266 is way overkill - and will not be a great 400WHP turbo. You won't need any headwork with it though :)

400AWHP on 93 or E?
I know it’s way overkill, i wanted a project car and this one showed up in great condition with a blown motor with a buncch of parts. The cams and journals were grooved so i was thinking for just a few extra hundred bucks just get the heads done.

·
Banned
46 Posts
not trying to rain on your parade, but a stock location turbo, 400 whp build is like 10 grand. the motor is another 10 grand, and for a rotated 6266 kit, add 5 grand. this is just the parts alone.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not trying to rain on your parade, but a stock location turbo, 400 whp build is like 10 grand. the motor is another 10 grand, and for a rotated 6266 kit, add 5 grand. this is just the parts alone.
Yea I already went through this with my older brothers car, built motor 20g turbo made 363whp. And I didn’t ask for prices ik how expensive it is.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so what parts do you have currently?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I have a ets vband 6266 rotated turbo kit, injector dynamics top feed conversion with 1300cc injectors, walboro 450 fuel pump, a new block already. and a stock nitride crank, manley h-tuff rods, and manley forged pistons otw.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think what people are trying to say here is the setup and your power goals are conflicting. A 6266 is too much turbo for a modest 400whp goal, it won't have great street mannerisms. And if 400whp is indeed your goal, there is no need to build the heads. But if you even plan to push it past 500whp then build the heads now, but even still, that a lot of turbo.

My build that I currently have in progress is using an ETS rotated kit with a 5862. My head hardware is all GSC with S2 Cams, not ported. My goal is 450whp with the turbo right in the meat of its efficiency range.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think what people are trying to say here is the setup and your power goals are conflicting. A 6266 is too much turbo for a modest 400whp goal, it won't have great street mannerisms. And if 400whp is indeed your goal, there is no need to build the heads. But if you even plan to push it past 500whp then build the heads now, but even still, that a lot of turbo.

My build that I currently have in progress is using an ETS rotated kit with a 5862. My head hardware is all GSC with S2 Cams, not ported. My goal is 450whp with the turbo right in the meat of its efficiency range.
Thanks for the response. Trust me I know the turbo is to big and i do plan to turn it up later. I didn’t by the turbo kit or else i would have picked a smaller one. I bought the car blown up, threw a rod because the guy was making 560awhp on 93😳. It was fairly cheap for what it was and I was looking for a project car so decided to go look at it and here I am.

·
Premium Member
5,598 Posts
Still you wrote stuff that make you less credible than it sounds like you are - like a few hundred bucks for building heads . . . Put “extra” money toward a fitting turbo . . .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still you wrote stuff that make you less credible than it sounds like you eliece you are - like a few hundred buck for building heads . . . Put “extra” money twoard a fitting turbo . . .
I meant a few extra hundred dollars compared to replacing with oem parts. Since the cams and journals are scored, and the valves are bent and u will need new ones anyway. Stock cams are like 600 bucks and bc stage 2 are ~750, my dad has ported many heads before and owns a welding and machine shop for building AIRPLANES that he designed himself, and getting the valve seats machined is a few hundred bucks. Just because i’m 15 doesn’t me i don’t know anything. I have took a part and rebuilt at least 3 motors 1 by my and the others with help. Age doesn’t mean everything.

·
Banned
46 Posts
this is how much heads cost and what you can do.
https://headgamesmotorworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/subaru-price-guide.pdf
its going to cost like "a few hundred bucks" for them just to pressure test and re surface them. thats why i mentioned prices because you clearly have no idea nor a brother with an sti, nor would your parents buy you a car with 200 more whp than your older brother, nor can you legally drive, you're literally a jr high schooler and can only legally work in a grocery store you little twit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
https://headgamesmotorworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/subaru-price-guide.pdf
its going to cost like "a few hundred bucks" for them just to pressure test and re surface them. thats why i mentioned prices because you clearly have no idea nor a brother with an sti, nor would your parents buy you a car with 200 more whp than your older brother, nor can you legally drive, you're literally a jr high schooler and can only legally work in a grocery store you little twit.
See that where you wrong, porting and polishing heads your self cost nothin other than some sand paper and a carbide bit, my dad has a cnc router for resourfacing and my dad pressure test motor and fuel tanks on the daily you little twat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And here are photos to prove that and videos buddy.
link to video of my brothers sti build, and in case you are as blind as you are dumb that concrete slab in front of the AIRPLANE HANGAR is the same one in both photos of the hawk that is also in the video

·
Banned
46 Posts
your a little lying dweeb. is your daddy going to buy you another 10,000 dollar motor when you blow it up in a month or wrap it around a tree. i dont believe for 1 second that your dad (if he is who you say he is) would buy you anything close to a 700 hp car for a first car. your dad is a moron and you are dumb as hell yourself. and news flash, 560 whp is impossible on pump gas and a non ported motor (even with 280 cams). you are full of shit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
a stock location on pump gas at 560 whp? im not even going to bother watching 1 second of your video
You are a really dumb mofo, i bought the car with the 6266 buddy, he was pushing over 30 psi u dumb fuck that’s why it blew. I asked a simple question and you give shit answers cause your a little dreamer boy sitting at home wishing you had an sti u ***. gtfo, did your mom ever teach you if there is nothing good to say then don’t say it at all, oh wait i forgot your mom put you up for adoption. after realizing how much of a ass hole piece of shit you are.

·
Banned
46 Posts
youre a little fairy boy who posted pictures of a stock location turbo car and now are claiming its actually a rotated 6266 making 560 whp on pump gas with stock heads. go fuck yourself. my daddy bought me a brand new sti and not some junked 20 year old beater, little poor boy sad now right? little machine shop in florida with trailered in airplanes to fix.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts