IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased this perrin sri off of another member in this forum, it works and looks great but look what happend to the filter. I was thinking about replacing the perrin filter with a different one, what are my options?

I read an article about airfilter comparisons someone linked here but i cant find it again, can anyone that knows what im talking about link me?

Thanks
Allen

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump...replacement suggestions anyone?
perrin wants $80 for thier foam...im thinking for 80 bucks i should have a few more options.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Buy a replacement and don't tighten it down as hard...

-Allen from Jersey :lol:

·
Premium Member
14,740 Posts
Damn Al, I remember you telling me this when I was getting my car tinted at Lee's.....sorry to hear about that...next time be careful on using those clamps...T-Bolt clamps are way better and won't do that. (This was my old intake). Try contacting JSCSpeed.com, I got my intake frome them, tell them you know me and your from here, see what they can do for you. BTW, how did the tint go? Good luck.

Chris

·
Premium Member
14,740 Posts
Damn Al, I remember you telling me this when I was getting my car tinted at Lee's.....sorry to hear about that...next time be careful on using those clamps...T-Bolt clamps are way better and won't do that. (This was my old intake). Try contacting JSCSpeed.com, I got my intake frome them, tell them you know me and your from here, see what they can do for you. BTW, how did the tint go? Good luck.

Chris

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Al from jerz said:
Bump...replacement suggestions anyone?
perrin wants $80 for thier foam...im thinking for 80 bucks i should have a few more options.
I'd look at ITG foam filters - try to find the biggest one that will fit in the space.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply's guys
Ya i tightend the hell out of that sucker..:lol:
I was waiting for you to chime in Chris, Lee Burbs is the man, my tints came out lookin almost factory. :tup:
Thanks singletrack i will look into itg filters.
Any other suggestions are welcome

·
pwn n00bs
18,247 Posts
the instructions say NOT to overtighten otherwise you can damage it...but it's not your fault since you probably didn't have them...

i think the k&n filter will fit on it just fine and is probably cheaper.
perrin's filter blocks dirt pretty well though.

·
Registered
609 Posts
AEM Dryflow filter. I picked one up for my Injen CAI, fits fine and now i dont have to worry about any oil on the maf. Was like $50 i believe at a local parts store.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts