IW STi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i gotta 06...yes with the plastic motor mounts and i think i broke em....what does it feel like???if this isnt the right place for this post please move it and pm me where...anyway..well 2 nights ago, at high rpm in first i let off and i heard a clunk and felt it...not really bad...well yesterday it got bad now no matter the gear and speed or rpm..even 2k shift its a hard clunk, i feel it in the shifter, steering wheel, and at my feet, and the pasassangers feet 2..now its bad, really bad 1st to 2nd and even shifting to 3rd..CLUNK!!!it even feels like the body is coming off the frame and clunking back down...that bad...i might be exagerating a bit, but honestly its hard to describe...at first i was thinking some sort or joint went, now im thinking def a motor mount...its only when i hit the gas and let off or shift...hard clunk....any help..im taking it in to subaru monday morning that the fastest they can get it in...it only has 4k miles...its under warranty but all they will do is put the stock 06 one back on...any recomendations?? what should i do??? is it def a motor mount??? anyone esle break em?? is that what it felt like??? THANKS ALOT any help will be greatly apprcitated!!!

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
AFAIK there is a TSB to replace the craptastic plastic ones with the 05 metal mounts if they are broken and under warranty. Many threads on this already.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"AFAIK there is a TSB "
what the heck does that say?? lol...sorry im horrible with these.. other than :there is a: that is like reading chinese to me...lol.. im hoping this means all i have to do is mention something like this and theyll put the 05's on, the service guy at suby was being a ass, he said i did it prolly abusing the car and that he will only put what the car came with on it under warranty, absolutly wont put a 05 item on a 06 unless i pay for it...im thinking about going somewhere else, they want to look at it to see whats wrong first before going any further which is understandable, im not even 100% its a motor mount, im hoping tho.... also, if i have to pay, ill prolly go with some aftermarkets?? any suggestions?? group-n??

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts