IW STi Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this happens to anyone good luck. This is how it went for me so far.
To make a long story short I went to bleed my brakes and I snapped off a bleeder. I was careful but somehow it happened anyways. I don’t make my bleeders real tight so not sure why this happened. So I tried pretty much everything to get the thing out of the caliper. I tried the Allen key method no luck (I actual bust a Allen key) I tried a larger one no luck. Probably should have welded something to the broken bleeder that may have worked. I tried heat, hammer and punch dremel tool, Well tonight I decided to machine out the broken bleeder. I took the caliper apart and used an end mill and machined the broken bleeder out. I made the new whole bigger for a brake bleeder repair kit I found (motormite Help #13916). It is just a pipe plug with a new bleeder seat and a new bleeder. I have to reassemble the caliper but so far it looks good. So if any way has to go this route it seems like it is an option over a new caliper so far anyways. I will get some pics. I didn’t get to many pics of the machining I was to worried about screwing up a few hundred-dollar caliper. I will update once the caliper is installed back on the car.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.