IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke my oil feed line last night while installing my Perrin 30R kit. It's the hard line that is attached to the back of the right side head and feeds the turbo oil feed and runs underneath the intake manifold and feeds the right side AVCS.

I put the slightest bit of pressure on it (hardly any at all) and it snapped right off. Even the instructions that come with the Perrin kit warn about it so it is extremely fragile. Fortunately Tuning Factory (Dan) has a nice replacement braided stainless steel line in stock. It costs $100 which I believe is less than the OEM part costs which would probably just break again anyway. I just ordered mine this morning.

Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone installing any turbo kit that it might be a good idea to just replace this line anyway when installing your turbo. $100 (or less if you can fab one up yourself) seems like a pretty good investment especially when faced with the idea of a fatigued oil line next to the manifold/uppipe breaking eventually while driving.

·
Registered
135 Posts
mine cracked from fatigue (no turbo change) and i just re-flared the line. it's just some 1/4" brake line tubing like material. i looked into the cool braided alternatives, but decided not to fork up that much cash when i could have one made in my town for about $20.

agree w/ the warning, talk about the wrong place for SOA to cut costs. :rolleyes:

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,563 Posts
there's an argument for an oil pressure gauge.
(you can put a kit together yourself for a lot less)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
For me the install was easy because I had everything apart while doing tgv deletes, rotated turbo etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.