IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first car I've owned that has Brembo brakes. I was just curious...how long should I expect them to last (assuming normal driving conditions)? And how much will it cost to replace all four corners? I would think that if you don't beat on them, they should last longer than regular disk brakes, but I guess I'm not really sure.

*extra pic deleted by moderator*

·
Registered
251 Posts
$300 to replace the fronts.

It all depends on how you drive. If you drive the STi as it's supposed to be driven, you'll be replacing them a lot! :)

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I assume you are talking about just the pads? Brembo doesn't actually make the pads.

Yeah, you're looking at about 600 for a full set through Subaru. There will be other aftermarket pads that might be better for much less soon, if not already.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I was wondering if anyone was getting a brake squeel noise when the brake pedal is lightly pressed. My STI has 700 miles on it and started doing this a couple of days ago.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Hispanics said:
I was wondering if anyone was getting a brake squeel noise when the brake pedal is lightly pressed.
you gotta be kidding. *everyone* has that. (do a search for squeal. :) ) i first got it when rolling backwards and light pressure within the first 150 miles. had it ever since. someone mention it's an idiosyncrasy of the 4-port calipers.

T

·
0 Posts
Vancouver STi

CloNeGTS said:
Yeah, you're looking at about 600 for a full set through Subaru.
600 bucks for 4 sets of brake pads? Please say you're kidding!!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
ouch... you pay for the performance. That could stop you dead in your tracks.. (pun intended)

T

·
0 Posts
I'll need better running shoes and start braking the Fred Flinstone style! Damn and that's US price also, meaning 12 kazillion in Canadian funds. I'll have to start selling parts of the car to replace other parts haha.

T

·
0 Posts
I have 4 floor mats for sale, asking $1450.99 anyone interested? eh eh
Gotta save up for the brake pads.

·
Registered
410 Posts
ldivinag said:
be glad... for that silly looking ENZO, a brake job is like $20k... yes twenty thousand dollars...
Its really sad that Ferrari makes the best performing production sports car ever and gives it the looks of a crap that the F50 took. Peace!

·
Registered
410 Posts
X-Japan said:
ldivinag said:
be glad... for that silly looking ENZO, a brake job is like $20k... yes twenty thousand dollars...
Its really sad that Ferrari makes the best performing production sports car ever and gives it the looks of a **** that the F50 took. Peace!
That is freakin hilarious that this forum censors the word c r a p !! Actually its really quite sad. Peace!!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Hmmm.....opinions abound. I think the Enzo is one of the sexiest cars ever made myself....you have to have a love of F1 to appreciate the styling.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Will 45 mm gauges fit in a single din slot?

I agree with CloNeGTS. The Enzo oozes style and performance. I guess they figure if you can afford to buy the car in the first place, you can afford the $20K for a break job. It's funny how things are relative huh!

M

·
0 Posts
You guys are smoking crack, the Enzo is an amazing looking vehicle, it's as close to an F1 car as you can currrently get. Personally, I think it smokes all the other supercars in visual presentation.

I highly recommend you see one in person, it will change your mind swiftly and with much haste!

Their should be some at Indy F1 this year, hope to see you there!

mist

1 - 20 of 27 Posts