IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A rock must have get wedged between the caliper and wheel as I have about a 2 inch long gash on the front of the caliper across the brembo lettering. Of course I would like to fix it up before it starts corroding.

Any ideas on how to fix it? Paint colours (red, gold), type etc. I will need some kind of high heat paint. I am sure the dealer won't be much help. I may have to go to a paint shop. I could just leave it but...I just can't. It will drive me nuts.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
This topic came up somewhere once before, either here or NASIOC. Do a search on both. I don't think Brembo offers touch up paint but you can send them your caliper and they will repaint it.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Headers sale

You might also check with a shop that paints headers, wheels, etc. I know there is a place around here that could do it but, you would have to buy a rebuild kit because you would have to take all of the rubber out before they worked on it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks,

I'm going to look for some kind of touch up for now. When I get around to braided steel brake lines and such I will remove them then to get the complete caliper done. I hear Brembo charges about $250.00 to repaint a caliper. I'm assuming thats US $. Yikes!

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Why not go for some caliper paint then? I really would like mine red? Anyone else? Red always seemed to stick in my mind as performance when I looked at a car's brakes (ex. p911turbo, z06). Although I wouldnt do it unless I needed to (scratch or tear or something).

robert~

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Re: Winter wheels

Robert,
Find an EVO driver that wants to trade for the gold Brembos. Theirs are red and I believe the same size.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
hmmm :) might be a good idea. I was just thinking of painting red, but getting some white brembo stickers, I always liked red calipers. Good idea I'll look into that.

Robert~

1 - 8 of 8 Posts