IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I was pissed at first too until I figured out the paint would soon chip if you drive on any surface other than pillows, feathers, and distilled water

·
Registered
67 Posts
That is some really nice detailing, not to mention some great documenting of the effects of the work. Nice job!

It's also a good reminder to me of why I don't want this car in metallic black. My metallic black 370Z was a PITA to keep looking good, and scratches/marks are especially painful.

·
Registered
28 Posts
When i picked up my car it was also full of Dealer installed swirls and scratches. After an entire day of prep, I finally had the full color of WRB come out! Lots of work but the results speak for themselves!!!:D

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I'm not really liking the rubber-ish dash on this car. It seems to be hard to clean. Mine is covered in lint/dust.

Any methods and/or products (household or otherwise) that are working for people?

The rest of the hard surfaces I just use Simple Green with a microfiber.

·
Super Moderator
8,810 Posts
I'm not really liking the rubber-ish dash on this car. It seems to be hard to clean. Mine is covered in lint/dust.

Any methods and/or products (household or otherwise) that are working for people?

The rest of the hard surfaces I just use Simple Green with a microfiber.
I use this:

Amazon.com: DUB U1516 Interior Clean & Shine - 16 oz.: Automotive

Doesn't leave a shine, just cleans it well (and you can use it on your stereo and nav screen) and makes your car smell like blueberries. If I have lint left over (say from my microfiber towel) I use a vacuum with a brush attachment to remove it without scratching.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
My guess is you have to saturate the towel to get a good wipe down on the dash though right? Otherwise I think it would 'pull' on the towel?

That's the problem I'm having with that dash material. It's grippy so it doesn't just wipe off easy. I was just vacuuming it with a brush but that doesn't seem to cut it any more.

·
Super Moderator
8,810 Posts
My guess is you have to saturate the towel to get a good wipe down on the dash though right? Otherwise I think it would 'pull' on the towel?

That's the problem I'm having with that dash material. It's grippy so it doesn't just wipe off easy. I was just vacuuming it with a brush but that doesn't seem to cut it any more.
I think I do 3 sprays on the towel and then wipe and then apply more sprays and turn the towel as necessary. I've not had any issues with the dash pulling on the towel but I'm cleaning my interior usually at least once a week if not more. The place that I've found gets the dirtiest is the rear shelf - probably because I like to go with the windows down as much as possible.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i always recommend keeping a swimmer duster in the glove box. it comes with a semi flexible handle to get it hard to reach places, plus the dust sticks to it really well. i use that in between cleaning the interior with liquid cleaner.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I think I'm going to 'retire' my current wash mitt to use on wheels and get a new one for the car. I hate cleaning the base wheels. I'm not real impressed with the Sonax I've been using either...

·
Registered
725 Posts
Customer requested to debadge, since the car was new it was quite easy to remove. We used dental floss and remove the emblems. We removed the leftover adhesive with Auto Finesse Obiltarate. Ghosting was remove with the Rupes LHR12 and Sonax Perfect Finish.
Could you share more details on this? My dealer stuck some awful badge with their name below the Subaru badge on mine. The "metal finish" doesn't even match Subaru's badging, so it's a real eyesore.

Did you just use dental floss and slide the floss back and forth on the adhesive to kind of lift the badge off? I've read about using adhesive-remover and/or applying some heat via hair blower, but that sounds a bit risky with regards to damaging the paint.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I was able to debadge two trunks without any floss or chemicals. All I did was use gentle heat with a hair dryer and my fingers. Gently lift and peel the emblems, most adhesive will come off but the remaining I was able to slowly peel off by hand.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I literally peeled my subaru emblems off with my hand I kinda a shook each badge and they we're barely on but the car only has 10 miles on it as well.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Is opticoat hard/thick enough to prevent minor stone chips?
Expel Ultimate paint protection film is what you are looking for, I use some similar products as the OP does but have found Chemical Guys make some excellent waxes and sealant polymers. The shampoo and butter wax combos seem to last a long time. I like three step wax process a nice carnauba laid down, then a product called Butter wax combine with sealants afterwards provides the best results.

The results are only as good as the products you use.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Hi guys, I keep my ISM paint with good paint protection but this summer I had a few times that water beaded up and then dried on the flat areas, hood-roof-trunk.

I was unable to remove the water spots yesterday with claybar/detailer. Do you have any other ideas?

41 - 60 of 60 Posts