1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
DBA's are wonderful!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
the brakeman rotors kick ass. Pulsing pretty much gone now.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
I want to say 4-5 lbs lighter but I will have to check. I really dont remember.. :)

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
USMCrecon said:
how do the dbas compare to the brakeman rotors
I cannot compare the two because I have never run the DBAs, but some information that may help your comparison is that The Brake Man rotors drop 10 lbs. a corner. :eek:

The pulsating I am familiar with goes away once the pad material has transferred to the rotor. I do not know why The Brake Man does not provide any literature about this so customers are aware of it when they first install the rotors. There are different braking techniques to aid in the transfer of pad material to the rotor. If you want the latest that Ben uses, email him at ben @ iwsti.com or PM him under user name Ben.

The increased acceleration from the reduction in rotating mass is just incredible.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nivek said:
I cannot compare the two because I have never run the DBAs, but some information that may help your comparison is that The Brake Man rotors drop 10 lbs. a corner. :eek:

The pulsating I am familiar with goes away once the pad material has transferred to the rotor. I do not know why The Brake Man does not provide any literature about this so customers are aware of it when they first install the rotors. There are different braking techniques to aid in the transfer of pad material to the rotor. If you want the latest that Ben uses, email him at ben @ iwsti.com or PM him under user name Ben.

The increased acceleration from the reduction in rotating mass is just incredible.
sold! :)

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
USMCrecon said:
how long until there are some rears out to buy?
We have to go back to The Brake Man and move the process forward. Right now, it is more a matter of time than anything else at the moment but Ben and I have been talking about committing some time to get it finished.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Nivek said:
We have to go back to The Brake Man and move the process forward. Right now, it is more a matter of time than anything else at the moment but Ben and I have been talking about committing some time to get it finished.
That would be good, we're all waiting :tup:

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
damn, SEMA is coming up so everyone is going nuts planning for that. I will call next week. We have to cover this event tomorrow and I am preparing for that right now.

·
Registered
347 Posts
jasv11 said:
I have Brakeman rotors on my 06 with stock pads and not one issue:tup:

Does anyone know what the stock rears weigh, thye look smaller than the fronts(not as beefy)
Based on their website, I didn't know that they had a front two-piece rotors-only offering for the 06. I take it they don't have anything for the rear. What is your exact rotor model & how much?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts