IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to invest in a set of brake pads for a 13 wrx sedan. What are some good pads for 90% daily, 10% autocrossing?

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Hawk's Street Race pads and Endless MX72 pads are probably going to be your best bet if you need a pad that can handle autoX and not be loud on the street. Both make a little bit of noise on the first couple stops but then quiet down after that but give you almost track pad like feel and bite.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
given how super easy it is to change brake pads on brembo calipers it really makes a lot of sense to just switch to a dedicated track pad the day before or day of a trip to the track, and then switch back to the stock pads for daily driving. Both sets of pads will last longer that way as well.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
You don't need a dedicated set of pads for autocross. I've been autocrossing a long time and I really like the Project Mu B force pads. They have great initial bite and modulation, and hardly dust at all. Endless are considered the best, but they are spendy. I'm not a fan of Hawk's performance street pads. They dust way too much for my taste. Check out Cygnus Performance | Late Model Import Parts STi, WRX, BRZ. I've bought from there many times and their prices are about the best I've found for brake pads. KNS Brakes are good too.

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
oh, this is a WRX, did you do a brembo swap? If not then maybe not worth the hassle to run 2 different sets of pads....if not maybe look into installing a brembo set up, it literally takes 5-10 minutes per wheel to remove and install a set of pads.

·
lurking Subaru whore
826 Posts
Hawk's Street Race pads and Endless MX72 pads are probably going to be your best bet if you need a pad that can handle autoX and not be loud on the street. Both make a little bit of noise on the first couple stops but then quiet down after that but give you almost track pad like feel and bite.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
I can personally vouch for the Endless MX72 brake pads.

Though, they're more of a daily-driver and light-track hybrid compound. If anything, the MX72 is overkill for autocross, but perfect for the spirited driver who takes on short circuits and/or the touge.

For a brake pad that can safely hit 1292 degrees Fahrenheit, they are exceptionally quiet.

tl;dr Endless MX72 brake pads are a unicorn track-capable street pad :bow:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts