IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ya'll

When do you guys acutally do the 1st brake flush? I know the service book says 30k, was wondering if it would be OK if say I chose to do it around 35k.. does 5k or 6 month delay make that much of a difference?

Cali isn't that humid so I wouldn't think that's a major factor in doing it that early ...

thank yu

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
The exact mileage is not critic at all.

Some cars never get one.

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
honestly just wanted to do with it when I have to replace my brake pads, but I think my pads will last til ~ 60k lol ...
Honestly? I think thats when most people (DD) do it - unless they just do whatever the dealer tells em. Track use is a different story.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im definitely going to be changing out my trans fluid though @ 30k.. I feel like ill get more buttery shifts if I swap out OEM fluid to motul :)

probably will just hold out on brake flush til pad replacement then since I don't track at all and only use it as DD

·
Registered
694 Posts
Probably just fine to wait if it's a DD only. Though it's not like it's an expensive or involved procedure.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
It is ok to wait a little longer than recommended. I would still say to do the brake flush though. Especially if you are someone who drives the car hard often and heats up those brakes.

·
Registered
859 Posts
i go by color and time. typically flush every two years... or if its like super dark.

got a lexus hybrid tho, color hasnt changed at all... but i'm lazy to get it flushed at the dealership cuz i dont think i want to DIY those things.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Every 2 years is what i usually go with regardless of what the manual says. Keep in mind brake fluid is hygroscopic.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Every 2 years is what i usually go with regardless of what the manual says. Keep in mind brake fluid is hygroscopic.
I have worked in European dealerships for the last 25 years and we always recommended 2 years. Most of the manufacturers list 2 years in the manual also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts