IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
I didn't realize that anything like this was available. Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to get something like this before I get the STi out on the track.

·
Registered
11 Posts
By looking at the picture, I'd stay away from those. They don't have any fitting blowing air on the rotor, and it looks like the ducting (is that a word?) is rubber, not brake duct. If it is rubber, it will melt when you are using the brakes really hard, or if you split the CV boot form an unfortunate off track experience. Also, I wouldn't put those on for street use because you will suck up dirt and water and blow it into the braking system.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
RadarOnPaws, Not sure what exact cargo net you are talking about but I have one in mine that is for a 2001 Impreza sedan. Fits perfect.

·
Registered
508 Posts
As a cheaper compromise, does anyone know if the old Subaru brake duct bolt ons for the '02-03 WRX will fit on a 2004 STi?

If so, for $25 do you think it is worth it?

Thanks,

Nick

·
Registered
241 Posts
An upcoming company will soon be releasing a pre-fabricated brake cooling duct setup for A LOT cheaper ;) I'll post more about it when I'm allowed :D (This is not ALL they're gonna offer either, there's a LOT to come)

·
wie geht es ihnen?
2,218 Posts
that's not a brake cooling kit...that's a joke.

this is what you need! and you can buy the hose and intake pieces at some of the various sites on the web or home depot. example:

this was from Don Istook's competition Audi S4. i planned to do this before i eventually got rid of my S4. Don reported seeing lower rotor temps and better performance after installation during the 2-4 hour enduro races.

there are two areas i would look to place the inlet ducts:

"frenched" into the OE STi foglight blanks...or an aricraft venturi style duct to the right of the OE ground effects and under neath the lip...for some added stealth.

possible source for duct inlets and hoses...http://www.pegasusautoracing.com

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
I like what I see, I will incorporate some of that into the design.

However, i am debating whether I will ever really need the fog light position for the fog lights. If not, i have a perfect solution for the brake cooling. If I retain the fog light position, I like your space for the duct. \

Now my main concern is if I bring it through the fog light area, can i just drill a hole in the inner fender well to gain access to the brakes?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
OFF TOPIC BUT IF YOU WOULD USE THE FOG LAMP INSERT FOR COLD AIR INTAKE DUCT FOR THE BOX I BET YOU THAT WOULD HELP ALOT!!! I WAS THINEKN ABOUT THAT ONE....ANY IDEAS?
:roll:

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
front mounted intercoolers

such as the foglight option w/o the foglight? leaving a big hole and run that to your brakes?

Robert~

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Since you are asking here is what I was planning on doing. Taking the idea from the picture above, I want to run a similar sized brake duct and maybe incorporate it so it cools both sides of the disc and forces air through the center. I am not sure if that is feasible yet because I have not actually looked at the space. With 18s, there should be no problems. First, I will cut a hole in the inner fender and run it to the point where the fog lights would normally sit. During my normal day driving, I will keep the fog light covers on, but when I go to the track I will install the JDM fog light facias which will channel the air through the brake ducts to the brakes. Easy as 123.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts