IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was changing out my pads and rotors and seems like 1 of the bolts that fasten the caliper to the spindle cross-threaded. Dealer replaced the pads before i bought my 2015 sti (used 35000 miles) and they probably didn't hand start the bolt or something and stripped it. Getting a new bolt is gonna be impossible with my local subaru dealers closed due to the current madness. I'll have to call a local parts store in the morn and hope they have one in stock. In the mean time, i will also need to try re-tapping the hole on the caliper. All this to say, anyone know the thread size on this bolt? (subaru part# 901120103 ) it seems like its a M12x1.25x37 so M12x1.25 but wondering if anyone knows for sure. (side note) anyone heard of Bremsen? Bought a set of their plain rotors with a set of Hawk HPS 5.0 pads as it's a daily driver although "spirited" driven more often than not and that's what the performance shop recommended (bang for your buck) Wasn't interested in spending triple the price for DBA rotors or double for stoptech

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
From my 2019 service manual, 88 lbf-ft Front brake caliper bolt, 54 lbf-ft Rear Caliper bolt.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
M12x1.5 and thread length approx 35mm
ya, found it on a UK website finally the other day. M12x1.5x37mm. bought a tap & die set, rethreaded the caliper mounting hole and the bolt. worked out just fine. couldn't get a bolt local anywhere but i got lucky it wasn't too bad and was able to repair it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts