IW STi Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crooked Badges???

Does anyone know the thread size of the bleeder screws? I want to replace the stock bleeders with speedbleeders. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
hughbob said:
Does anyone know the thread size of the bleeder screws? I want to replace the stock bleeders with speedbleeders. Thanks.
how bout a link for the bleeders? ;)

and btw, i'm in DE again. it's "sparkassE". good joke nevertheless. :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got my new stainless steel bleeder screws. No more open-pump brakes-close-let go of pedal- repeat as necessary. Woohoo! Replacing my brake fluid with Motul RBF 600 as soon as it stops raining.

Does anyone happen to know how much brake fluid the system holds? I figured a liter of brake fluid should be enough to replace everything.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
STi APS DR500 Front Mount Intercooler Installed!!

The size is SB1010 Short. Just tell them you have a STi and they'll give you the right size. Each caliper has 2 bleeder screws so you'll need 8 total front and back. Plus I paid extra for the steel bleeder screws. The brass ones are cheaper but they are also a softer metal and strip real easy.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Wheel Torque

It was probably takes less than a liter, but I used 2 bottles of Motul just to make sure. Started at the rear passenger outside, then inside. And then worked my way from longest line to shortest. It took about an hour to do it all. Plus the motul fluid is the same color as the stock subaru fluid which makes it hard to figure out when you've finished. :) On my honda it was easy because the honda fluid is red.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Start w/ cheap SuperTech from Walmart to flush all the air inside.
Then go w/ the good fluid after that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Tires

BTW, tech manual says to bleed system in this order:

right front, left rear, left front, right rear.

And, Salaki's idea of using the cheap stuff the first time to get the air out is a great idea!!!

Opal

·
Registered
370 Posts
i've had no problems with ATE Superblue....works on high temps and obviously easily noticed b/c of it's color. plus, it's only about $10 per one liter can!

·
Registered
199 Posts
STIguy247 said:
are these fluids dot 5?
No DOT 4

DOT 5 is Silicon I believe and not what you want in your street car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
stott said:
Did the SB1010 short work in the rear for you? I tightened them down really well but the rears were still leaking. I didn't want to strip the caliper.
I was considering switching for the regular.
Did anyone experience the same problem with their SB1010S sized Speedbleeders ? I'd like to hear more feedback about them...:wave:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts