IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the bleed order for the 2018 STI? If not can you share the 15+ bleed order. If I can’t get 18 specific I’ll assume it’s the same as 15-17 and follow that order.
Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Each brake caliper has 2 bleeder valves, so you have to make sure you bleed both valves (one at a time) before you move on to the next caliper, the order would be RR, LR, RF, LF

·
Premium Member
5,431 Posts
rule is furthest to closest

·
Registered
245 Posts
Each brake caliper has 2 bleeder valves, so you have to make sure you bleed both valves (one at a time) before you move on to the next caliper, the order would be RR, LR, RF, LF
IMO you what to bleed the wheel furthest from the ABS module first not the master cylinder, then move closer to it. So if the ABS is in the RF of the engine bay then the order would be LR,RR,LF,RF. Also you going to need to cycle the ABS to get any old fluid. I did this on mine when switching to Dot 4.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IMO you what to bleed the wheel furthest from the ABS module first not the master cylinder, then move closer to it. So if the ABS is in the RF of the engine bay then the order would be LR,RR,LF,RF. Also you going to need to cycle the ABS to get any old fluid. I did this on mine when switching to Dot 4.
I understand this is a really good rule of thumb, but I know that for some reason our brakes have a weird order. I’m sure I’m not gonna die in a firey car wreck if I don’t follow the particular order but I figure there’s a reason they deviate from the norm.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Also you may want to try getting the ABS to cycle after bleeding. Sometimes there are small bubbles trapped in it.

·
Registered
504 Posts
What do you mean by this?
All the brake lines feed into the ABS module. The dealership has a way to manually cycle the ABS system (that feeling you get in the pedal when the ABS activates). As we don't have a way to do this you might want to look into braking really hard on a slick service to get the ABS to trigger so that any air left in the module is pushed out. It can result in a better brake pedal feel if you bleed it again after triggering the ABS.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Although, I personally don't think it make a serious difference and I've been taught to always bleed/flush starting furthest from the M/C, moving towards the M/C, the Subaru Service manual has a different sequence. I'm only posting in here, in case someone else comes along and they want the "Subaru" recommended sequence, which is what the OP was asking for, but received bad information.

Subaru Service manual for 2018 recommends the following sequence, RF > LF > LR > RR always starting with the inboard bleeder 1st. In case someone reading here doesn't know, our Brembo Calipers have 2 bleeders each.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts