IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
SoJDM.com said:
Group Buy for the Braille Battery. 10 people - $134.99. Free shipping in the USA. $25.00 to Canada and foreign countries. Go to the SoJDM web-site and order the Group Buy Braille Battery. They'll be shipped when we get 10. Group Buy is on second page of web-site.

http://sojdm.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=94
If you don't want your real name used on the Group Buy list enter your forum name in the comments section of the order page on the SoJDM.com web site.

This is coming along!

1.Pantag
2.Michael Vo
3.Conor McDermott
4.Paul Marshall
5.Hawaii_Guy

If you're impatient, we have the Brailles on sale right now for $139.99. Same shippin terms.
Can you ship to Australia? Any problems with airfreighting a battery (Sulphuric acid in a Lead battery is a problem) but maybe this one is Lithium?
If yes, I'll be in it!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The Braille is a lead-acid battery but the electrolyte is not liquid. That's why the battery can be mounted in different positions.

Some countries will not allow the importation of batteries even if the battery is not a liquid filled type.

Shipping to Australia should be approximately $25 to $35 depending on the zip.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The Braille Battery has a lead-acid electrolyte but it is not in liquid form nor can it leak if the battery case is broken. That is why the battery can be mounted in any position.

Some countries do prohibit importation of lead-acid batteries.

Shipping to Australia is $25 to $35 depending on zip.

·
Super Moderator
10,699 Posts
Sign me up for the Braille all weather battery as well.

Blue

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'd be interested in the all weather as well. Is there an extra cost for that battery? Let me know, if it's the same price, I'll take one.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Jim- How many people do we have and will you send all weather batteries as well? If so we are 1 a way from 10. Let us know.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Don't know how many people are really up for another buy so soon. Do you mean by the all-weather battery, the larger Braille?

·
Super Moderator
10,699 Posts
Oops, I missed the closed thread statement. I thought this GB was still open.
How much heavier is the All-weather Braille battery?

Blue

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes, the "larger" one. We have 5 people for it.

Braille Racing Battery B2015 All Season Lightweight
SKU: B2015

It is no secret that the lightest car retains the advantage in virtually any motorsports competition because the lightest car accelerates quicker, apexes faster, and stops shorter than its competition.

Tipping the scales at a mere 15 lbs, this battery sheds 20-50 pounds off the front end of most vehicles. This results in a lower center of gravity and improved handling, especially when installed in conjunction with other proprietary lightweight parts engineered by Braille.

Not only are Braille No-Weight Batteries the only lightweight batteries designed specifically for automotive use, but the B2015 is also backed by Braille’s 2 year limited warranty. With all that, it’s no surprise that Braille batteries appear under the hoods of motorsports' top contenders.

--------------------------------------------------
The normal battery is 11.5 pounds and the all weather is only 3.5 pounds more (15 pounds).

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'd be in on this one. I missed the last one because of some circumstances at the last second. My loss. Would want the all-weather anyways.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.