IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my car on friday and as it/I sat in the driveway saturday afternoon looking under the car (for almosta hour just looking at the underside stuff) I looked at the brake lines and the look like rubber hoses to me but I have heard that they are braided stainless anyone know for sure? also i notice that the small vents in the lower front bumper look like they are ready to accept brake cooloing ducts, does subby have a kit or one planned? ( I know I'll probably never get the brakes that hot to need them but im curious and I know you can get them on the EVO...)

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I have been wondering the same thing about the brake lines. I don't think we have stainless braided lines but have seen people post on other forums that we do.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Just went and checked. My car has rubber lines. I do know that there are STI braided lines available at your dealer though.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
i don't know about the brake cooling duct, but i agree, it looks like it's an option waiting to happen. at the track, i was talking with a guy about my car and he described a brake ducting mod he did to his car. seems like a good $10 mod.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Has anyone double checked the stainless steel brake line availablity from the dealer? My dealer kept telling me about all these STi options available -- turns out none of them fit the STi -- they're all STi branded parts for the WRX. As far as I have found out there are no SS brake lines for the STi yet.

Brake ducts would definately be an option I'd be interested in. I just read someone say his stock brakes lasted about 6 laps at a track before fading. Admittedly this is probably the stock pads more than anything else, but brake ducts could never hurt. Who cares about fog lights -- I want something useful!

·
Registered
199 Posts
If the USDM STi gets the same brembos as the other STis it shouldn't be too much of a problem to get SS lines for them. you could also probably get a set made up if you know someone who knows what they're doing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Japanese subarist sti photo.(no evo photo, sorry)

What about braided lines made for the WRX, like the Goodridge lines?

It looks like the STi has similar lines: Banjo bolt on one end and compression fitting on the other.

Russ

·
Registered
307 Posts
the sti has rubber lines with braided weave on the inside, goodridge is makeing kits now, should be done in a week or so, :wink:

·
Registered
575 Posts
I am going to get steel lines, I remember doing that mod to my 2.5 RS and the response of the pedal was alot nicer.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
SS lines would be great.....

There is a set of cooling vent covers that used to be stock on WRXs that were left off of later models. People found the part number and would order them and slap em on, perfect OEM fit. Mod is at scoobymods.com. HOWEVER...someone tried this with the STi, and they didn't fit. I'd assume there is/will be a similiar part made as if you get under the car, you can see the aero work there for such a set of vents.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Called Brembo today and they told me that they do not make their own lines. They referred me to Goodridge who told me that the part # for the braided lines for the STi is the same as for the WRX. Goodridge part # 24215 which is for a SET of 4 lines.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts