IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did my 24K service yesterday and doing some research on the 30K service. Planning on bleeding/replacing brake and clutch fluid. It looks like not many people on YouTube are replacing the BPV gasket with the TMIC, usually, gaskets are one time use only and are not re-usable, just wondering if there is a good reason behind not replacing it?

TIA

·
Super Moderator
8,595 Posts
I always left the BPV on when I removed the TMIC. I prefer to replace and use studs, when I actually take off the BPV.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I've gotten away with re-using them but it's best practice to replace them. They are cheap from the dealership so if you are close to one it's best just to replace it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've re-used mine multiple times. Unless the gasket is damaged or looks in bad condition, just re-use it.

They are not very expensive so if you want to replace it go ahead, but not really necessary.

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
Re-use till they look really thin.

Taking the hose and replacing it off my PBV is far more of PIA.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I always left the BPV on when I removed the TMIC. I prefer to replace and use studs, when I actually take off the BPV.
That's actually a great idea! What length studs do you use? I don't suppose 20mm studs will stick out long enough?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts