IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lookin to buy a BOV for my sti soon...im debating between HKS or BLITZ...what do you guys think? which sound better? louder? performance?
thanks fellas

·
Registered
126 Posts
hey, the hks sounds better in my opinion. it all depends on which sound you like better? hks is more of a whistle while blitz is more or a wooshing sound. i would recirculate though, otherwise you might have idling problems.

Kyle R

·
Registered
4,946 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
hehe that was my thread :D

Anyway to answer 1 question, by opinion though, the HKS IMO is a superior BOV to the Blitz due to the design and push vs pull topics. The HKS can also be rerouted back into the intake, but I dont believe that is so with the blitz (please correct me if i'm wrong)

I would build an entire car out of either companies parts, but IMO for this question the HKS is the one I would buy over the Blitz.

Sti_Thunder, i want to debadge my trunk too, leaving only the STi logo, did you use the dental floss method? What did you use to get rid of the gum left over?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I used Goo Gone to get the leftover crap off my trunk when I took the badges off me Honda. Didn't leave a scratch.

·
Registered
347 Posts
St. Louis STI

you can rub that stuff off w/ your finger, but you may be on the dl for playstation for a day or so...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Re: who's staying STOCK?

norcal-sti said:
you can rub that stuff off w/ your finger, but you may be on the dl for playstation for a day or so...
lol... no! Cant miss out on FFX playing (I'm still not finished 100% :D)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the greddy type-s bov and it makes a click like the wrc cars then a high pitch whistle.It might just be me but I think that the turbo spools quicker because of it.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Silverbane said:
hehe that was my thread :D

Anyway to answer 1 question, by opinion though, the HKS IMO is a superior BOV to the Blitz due to the design and push vs pull topics. The HKS can also be rerouted back into the intake, but I dont believe that is so with the blitz (please correct me if i'm wrong)

I would build an entire car out of either companies parts, but IMO for this question the HKS is the one I would buy over the Blitz.

Sti_Thunder, i want to debadge my trunk too, leaving only the STi logo, did you use the dental floss method? What did you use to get rid of the gum left over?
I debadged my car in my garage at 19F ... :D ... Used a 1875W hair dryer to heat up each individual letter ... slowly and easily .. one at a time .... I didn't use dental floss ... I used string ... the one you use to tie up roast beef? :)

For the gum left over it rolled each letter by hand, using my fingertips, again, heating each leftover gum with the hair dryer. Didn't have Goo-Gone at that time, but that's what most use. I applied a couple of carnauba wax coats, and it was perfect, no scratches. Took about 45 minutes to complete.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts