IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just helped a friend install an apexi bov a few days ago. the bov is a universal one so we had to make our pipes and flanges to make the bov fit. i noticed the pipes we were using had 3-4mm smaller hole than the stock holes. would that affect the performance of the bov my much? at all? or a whole lot?

btw this mite sound like a n00b question considering we know how to machine our own things. we just know how to machine parts but dont know things work

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Im kinda confused... are you talking about the hole of the BOV being 3-4mm smaller then the hole of the stock intercooler BOV hole? I would suggest that yes it would hurt performance if its smaller... you might want to go ahead and just buy one MADE for the car (WorxTuning bov)... otherwise, good luck with your install and let us know how it goes.

Robert~

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx answers my question i think?
just to make things clear. the hole on the bov has no problem at all. just the connecting pipes and flange were machined out that were a little smaller.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
im really confused as to what yuo mean... do you have a stel pipe running to you BOV? or coming OUT of your BOV? or what?

Robert~

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we took out that apexi bov. there wasnt enuff pressure to make the valve spring work properly. universal parts are a hassle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
id take pix of what we did but i dont have a digi cam and dont wanna go off and too lazy to use regualr 35mm film and develop them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts