IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 02 wrx, i have talked to many people about their experiences with blow off valves and they say it makes there car run bad. someone mantioned a 50/50 does that mean only some of the air is released and the other air is recurculated. can someone tell me what i am talking about in better words and what BOVs are the best

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
1320wrx said:
i have a 02 wrx, i have talked to many people about their experiences with blow off valves and they say it makes there car run bad. someone mantioned a 50/50 does that mean only some of the air is released and the other air is recurculated. can someone tell me what i am talking about in better words and what BOVs are the best
Don't get one unless you really like the sound. There is no performance benefit, and a large chance of negative symptoms.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Best kind of BOV for subbies is a Recirc only.

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
1320wrx said:
50/50 refers to the fact that 50% of the boost is being put back into the intake and 50% is being released to the atmosphere, which is only a feature on certain aftermarket BOVs. The stock BPV or bypass valve vents the excess boost back into the intake tube, whereas a BOV vents the boost to the atmosphere. My friend had an HKS BOV that worked great for a couple of years with no problems, until it broke in the middle of traffic and his car died. If you're interested in the BOV sound, just get a typhoon intake and bask in the sound of the stock BPV whoooooooshing away.

·
Registered
190 Posts
IVE HAD AN HKS SSQV ON MY STI FOR TWO YEARS NOW WITH NO ISSUES WHAT SO EVER. I ALSO HAVE AN AEM COLD AIR INTAKE WITH SOME SUSPENSION WORK DONE. MY CAR RUNS BALLS. i plan to get a cobb ap with a downpipe very soon. most of the people in here dont recommend it with my setup but have never really backed up this info. mr hasslehoff thinks he know everything but he needs to stick to surfing i know for a fact that everything will be fine with each other and ill blow his doors off because he cant shift anyways. the hks ssqv is by far the best blow off valve for your ride. ive tried three of them.

·
/////////
8,457 Posts
DREWSTI04 said:
IVE HAD AN HKS SSQV ON MY STI FOR TWO YEARS NOW WITH NO ISSUES WHAT SO EVER. I ALSO HAVE AN AEM COLD AIR INTAKE WITH SOME SUSPENSION WORK DONE. MY CAR RUNS BALLS. i plan to get a cobb ap with a downpipe very soon. most of the people in here dont recommend it with my setup but have never really backed up this info. mr hasslehoff thinks he know everything but he needs to stick to surfing i know for a fact that everything will be fine with each other and ill blow his doors off because he cant shift anyways. the hks ssqv is by far the best blow off valve for your ride. ive tried three of them.

Whoa, calm down dude. Every member here is entitled to their own opinions,i`m glad you like your HKS.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
DREWSTI04 said:
I can tell you're going to be a real joy to have around :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
pt518sti said:
I can tell you're going to be a real joy to have around :rolleyes:
lol good stuff! APS recirc here with no problems. I like the way the HKS ones sound but Im set. BOVs sound cool but uve been warned muahaha.j/k

·
Premium Member
4,595 Posts
DREWSTI04 said:
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: Enlighten me oh great one. Strong with the BOV experience you are.

Really dude, lighten up.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
stick with the stock bpv. DUH lol :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,595 Posts
DREWSTI04 said:
I was just thinking (yes thats where the burning smell is coming from). If they make such great valves why have you gone through three of them?:eek2:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
DREWSTI04 said:
Lmao....freakin noob. You sure have alot of confidence in your relatively stock STi. FYI tough guy, 90% of the cars on this board would put a hurtin on you. You have alot to learn, and lot of mods still necessary before you start running ur trap like that again.

·
Premium Member
4,595 Posts
SlvSTI05 said:
Lmao....freakin noob. You sure have alot of confidence in your relatively stock STi. FYI tough guy, 90% of the cars on this board would put a hurtin on you. You have alot to learn, and lot of mods still necessary before you start running ur trap like that again.
PREACH IT BROTHER!!:banana: ^^He speaks true.:yeahthat:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.