IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While the focal poly's are still a realistic option, I thought I'd get the opinion of my local dealer and he recommended the Boston Z6 speakers for the front. A little research shows that most people love these, but I can't find any info on pricing, except that the manufacturer recommends $1000/pr. Is this accurate? I thought for sure that the focal Utopias would be the most expensive out there. Also, does Boston Acoustic have strict online slaes agreements? I can't find anyone online that sells them, especially no one with the Z6's. Google has never failed me like this before.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
If you buy all your equipment at one place they should give you a deal. I got a set of Mb Quarts for the front that retail over $1k. I got them for about $600 also, along with a good deal on all my other stuff. Usually high end equipment won't be sold online, at least not from an authorized dealer. I looked at it this way, if I am spending as much as I did I would like to get it from a place that will honor the warranty and I can take it back to if there are problems.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's pretty much how I saw it-I'd rather spend a few bucks more and get all the warranties, the service, etc. when I'm dropping in high end equipment. I ended up with the Z6 speakers, and I did get them for $600. I was told that dealer cost is $540. They sounded great in the demo room, but my ears aren't sophisticated enough to discern big differences between high end speakers.

I basically took the opinions of those on the web who said they were the best component speaker made, got a fair price on them, and now just need the car to put them in so I can hear what they sound like.

BTW, you won't find Bostons on-line anywhere. And if you do, you can bet they are not warrantied and that Boston will shut them down soon. They seem to be very strict about "authorized dealers only"

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked up my new STI on Sat. and went over to the stereo store. A place called SoundTrack here in Denver. These guys know what they're doing. I picked up an Apine deck and the saleman recommeded the Boston Z6s.. They were $84/pr. It took my 14 year daughter about an hour to install the stereo in the dash with my help. That's where the fun ended. We took off one door panal for the speakers install. Looked like it needed some kinda of frame. Went back to SoundTrack to see if they had anything. No Joy. The installer said they did an STI last week. Took them 4 hours on the front and 6 on the back. Be real careful with the back clearance. If you can find some stock Subaru speakers you can reuse the frames. If not you are on your own to design something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts