IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I've got an 05 , looking @ different catbacks. Is anyone running the Borla XR-1. If so any input would be a great help. I'm also considering the Cobb, Maddad. which 1s are true 3" all the way through? please help. thanks. I forgot to mention I just purchased a Perrin catted DP, which of these bolt right up? thanks

· Registered
2,206 Posts
i just installed the borla xr-1 with a helix catted downpipe and i have to say i am in love! absolutely love the sound...i'll take pictures and videos soon and post them up

· Premium Member
1,344 Posts
I originally bought an XR-1, but switched to a Perrin Dual tube. I wish I went for the XR-1 becuase it looks a lot more like a stock muffler :( Oh well, gotta love the Dual Tube

· Poor Speed Racer
4,528 Posts
Godspeed catless DP with an XR-1. It has a really nice rumble thats loud enough to be noticed, but stock looking enough that i dont get a ticket. I live in one of the MOST cop infested areas in the US. I have one "warning" but that was a BS DUI stop that he had nothing else to ticket me about.

I love it, although i have no sound clips.

· Registered
774 Posts
XR1 here and mine has a low rumble at idle and loud high pitched at half throttle. I have non equal length headers, helix DP and full 3". It does look subtle but it's not as quiet as the Borla Hush I had. It does flow way more. I am thinking about welding in a resinator in the mid section to reduce the high frequency. All in all a good exhaust.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.