IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 2880 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Re: Looking at Meth Kits.... Need to break the stock turbo record

Sure its one of the priciest kits on the market but I would go with the Aquamist HFS-6. The flow method and failsafe would be reason enough for me to spend the extra $.

Thats what i'm thinking.

I've been in a car with t a methsystem where it ran out of meth... at WOT..

lets just say it was probably the worst experience of the owners life.

·
Registered
14,805 Posts

I cannot recommend the CMGS-FS enough. $600 gets you every thing you need. It is IMO the best $600 I've spent in a long time. Davids customer service is top notch.

·
Registered
14,805 Posts

Failsafe?
Yeah man. (thats what the FS stands for). It takes no more than 2 seconds to hook up to the test connector. Let me get a link to my thread that has a ton of info on the kit.

·
Registered
14,805 Posts

I started this thread when I knew jack **** about meth injection. In the 3 months since I can honestly say that I have learned more than a college course of knowledge on both meth injection and how the kit works/ how to configure it. This is not to say that the kit isn’t plug and play, it is. You can probably install it and get it configured in an hour or so. I just was literally the first with one on a WRX and wanted to see what all I could due with it, different mounting options, ect.

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/water-meth-injection-nitrous-intercooler-cooling/175826-budget-meth-kit-alternatives.html

Also look at my journal to see the controller and the trunk mount tank.

·
Premium Member
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #67

Thanks Jared...

Looks like im going to go with this...

I want that Giant STi tank though.

How often do you refill your meth?

·
Registered
14,805 Posts

Thanks Jared...

Looks like im going to go with this...

I want that Giant STi tank though.

How often do you refill your meth?
After the tune it was like every tank of gas because I was always going WOT. With modest driving Id say about 2 tanks of gas per gallon of meth if not more. Im running 50/50 denatured alcohol and distilled water. So its like an extra $15 a month max for me.

·
Premium Member
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #69

You have it set up for WOT only i assume right?

i'm not so knowledgeable of meth too much... but i assume you have it set up when your WOT?

·
Registered
14,805 Posts

Also, meth is cheaper like $5 a gallon vs $15 for denatured alcohol. I chose denatured because it can be found at any lowes, Home Depot, and WalMart. Also IIRC meth can only be purchased in bulk not single gallon units like denatured. If I were to buy denatured in bulk I think it works out to ~$10 per gallon.

·
Registered
14,805 Posts

You have it set up for WOT only i assume right?

i'm not so knowledgeable of meth too much... but i assume you have it set up when your WOT?
It is based on boost and is adjustable. Mine starts to flow at 2 PSI and is at 100% max flow by 12 PSI. You can have it start at what ever PSI you want with in reason as long as you are tuned accordingly. Starting at 4 psi also works well I just wanted a little bit quicker injection.

·
Premium Member
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #72

It is based on boost and is adjustable. Mine starts to flow at 2 PSI and is at 100% max flow by 12 PSI. You can have it start at what ever PSI you want as long as you are tuned accordingly. Starting at 4 psi also works well I just wanted a little bit quicker injection.
HMMMMMMMMMMMM

ok. How quick do you go through gas?

:lol:

·
Registered
14,805 Posts

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

ok. How quick do you go through gas?

:lol:
LOL

No quicker than any other stage 2 protuned car... maybe less because my stock injectors are only running 94% because of the alcohol. When I gassed up the other day I avereaged 15.2 mpg with about 60 highway miles and 155 city. Probably 10 or so WOT pulls to 7k, the rest of the time Im guessing I hit about 5 PSI with out even trying to drive hard and shifting before 4k. :D

I'm trying to be good this tank and see if I can get ~17

·
pwn n00bs
18,214 Posts

i think the cmgs seems to be a great kit. i want to get it, but there is so much talk about aquamist's kit that i'm in the air about it.

·
Premium Member
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #77

haha worst was the drive home from when i first got tuned by AMR.

i got gas @ 7:30 PM... full tank. Needed to get gas @ 10...

Drove 130 miles.

·
Premium Member
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #78

i think the cmgs seems to be a great kit. i want to get it, but there is so much talk about aquamist's kit that i'm in the air about it.

thats why i asked.

Aquamist is pretty legit.. i have heard only good things about it.

·
Registered
14,805 Posts

For me it was:
-saving over $400 and getting a bad *** tank solution
-a simple but yet advanced and configurable kit
-a better looking controller
-Davids dedication
-buying American lol

61 - 80 of 2880 Posts