IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2880 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Re: On path to 11.699 (Fastest Stock Turbo)

good luck on your quest for 11.6999999... I recommend a great tune from AMR along with some weight reduction and you should be close to your goal.

Best of luck

·
Premium Member
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

good luck on your quest for 11.6999999... I recommend a great tune from AMR along with some weight reduction and you should be close to your goal.

Best of luck

Thats what i thought would help. Unfortunately when i got retuned for the FMIC, i saw things that i didnt like from the AMR tune. The HP/TQ drop from about 5500 was unbelievable, and my afr wasnt as stable as i wanted it to be.

Now with the Junior tune, i have a great tune,picked up 70whp at redline, and for sure have a much faster car.

·
Premium Member
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

AHHHHHHH need to paint my wheels again. Got some crappy all seasons put on the car, and now i have missing spots of Paint where the old wheel balance's were. WOO HOO.

What Color?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts

Thats what i thought would help. Unfortunately when i got retuned for the FMIC, i saw things that i didnt like from the AMR tune. The HP/TQ drop from about 5500 was unbelievable, and my afr wasnt as stable as i wanted it to be.

Now with the Junior tune, i have a great tune,picked up 70whp at redline, and for sure have a much faster car.
What was up with the tune? 70whp difference on a stock turbo is mucho power. That was only from getting retuned?

·
Premium Member
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

What was up with the tune? 70whp difference on a stock turbo is mucho power. That was only from getting retuned?

One Step Colder, Fuel Pump, and a FMIC.

The AMR tune was great for power, and i thought i was running healthy, but i really only made good peak whp, and that was what i cared about at the time. JR had smoothed out my curve, made my boost and my afr VERY NICE, especially for stock turbo, i hold 20 from 3,000 to 5500, and only then it begins to taper.

I'm not saying anything bad about AMR. They are a great bunch of guys, but i wasn't happy with how my car was running.

·
Premium Member
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Gotcha. What engine management? Open source?

I was rocking the Accessport for the AMR tune....

then when it got retuned by Junior, the APV1 took 45 minutes to load the data, so we just un married it, and did open source.

In my honest opinion, i know people say that the Accessport is great and all, but it's only good up intil Stage 2. Afterwards, your spending all this money on tunes, and retunes, and all this other junk. It's just not worth it.

·
Premium Member
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

ugh..
what to paint my stock wheels.

They were matte black, now since i got the allseasons put on, there is pieces of the paint missing from the wheel weights.

What color should i do?

·
Registered
3,729 Posts

I think both white and green look good, but a little too extreme for my taste. I have a feeling I'd get sick of it soon. However, since you're painting them yourself, how cares, if you don't like them, just repaint them...
I'd go with bronze/gunmetal, or whatever color SCHLEGS's prodrives are. Those have a nice bluish hue in them that goes well with the rest of the car.

·
Premium Member
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

well come on, no one can compare to schleg's car. I would love to have that color, just not sure how i can do it without going to a body shop....

Thats the same thing i'm thinking as well, i'd get wayy too sick of lime green really quickly. I might do a dark bronze or something ,i'm not sure.

How can i replace the wheel weights that are on the lip of the wheel?

·
Premium Member
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

I hate how whenever i get my tires done, they put the wheel weights on the outside of the wheel. I'd rather how they do it to my dad ,on the inside of the wheel. That way he never has an issue.

It sucks!!!

Is there any solution? Can i ask for the wheel weights there, or am i just lying to myself.

·
Premium Member
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

New Setup for the Spring.

WRB Wingless Trunk, Gunmetal + Blue Hue BBS rims.

should look sweet. Rallyarmor's are coming off.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts

I really liked the wingless look. I usually don't like wingless STi's but that picture has made me like them a lot more.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts

Just ran into a WRB with white wheels, and it looks kick *** in person as well (bugeye, with grids maybe? The car was driving, so I couldn't tell...:)). Sometimes seeing a combo in person can be much different than on the pics, but this one looked really good. :tup:

BTW, you getting rid of mudflaps for good? Let me know if they're for sale. I need me some flaps...

·
Registered
2,807 Posts

This one. I think I like it more because usually people who have wingless STi's have the trunk the same color and it reminds me of a 2.5i (which is kinda the look they want). Also I'm not a big fan on the CF ones but this black one and the roof fins is a real good look.. to me at least. :tup:

21 - 40 of 2880 Posts