Look in my previous post for pics

·
Premium Member
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
Re: New Gauges! Need to find a nice EL header

Look in my previous post for pics

Those are absolute BEAST.:tup:

They look like they can withstand ANYTHING.

My Biggest thing with deciding on what header to choose is obviously longevity. I dont want to be back installing the header again...

Im not sure if the Perrin Header can withstand more power than the Covert, because that piece looks absolutely crazy.

Are you going about this route as well?

·
Registered
2,608 Posts

My Biggest thing with deciding on what header to choose is obviously longevity. I dont want to be back installing the header again...

Im not sure if the Perrin Header can withstand more power than the Covert, because that piece looks absolutely crazy.

I'm undecided.

It depends on my engine situation. (and my house. lol)

·
Registered
14,805 Posts

Ive always thought of the Perrin as the way to go if you wanted an EL headder... If I didnt care about ruble Id get some. :D

·
Registered
14,805 Posts

If you can afford it, you'd be crazy not to strongly consider Full-Race. The latest revision of the APS headers haven't gotten any negative reviews that I've heard of yet. They're probably just as reliable as any thin-walled tubular manifold out there. It's all the same crap. At least Full-Race has engineered their manifold/UP from the ground up and you know the construction is optimized for performance. Plus, a lifetime warranty never hurts.

It's sad... listen to me rant, yet I don't have a single Full-Race part on my car haha.
Full-Race makes amazing products. I had one of their turbo manifolds for my 240sx.

·
Registered
616 Posts

No links.

PDX Tuning blew 3 apart on the dyno. They just can't take the heat/power for extended periods.

mick-the-ginge on Nasioc would have the best experience with this I bet. Same with Tim Baily and Jarrad. (all from PDX).

Flycaster on here can tell you more.

It is true that this did happen a few times on our very first versions of our headers. This was over three years ago before our headers had brackets for the slip fits. We did take care of these customers, we didn't leave them hangin.

These customers headers were wrapped also, which didn't help, since it heated up the metal, made it soft, and have that problem. But with our current design with the brackets, this problem won't happen, and hasn't happen since!:tup:

·
Premium Member
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #270

It is true that this did happen a few times on our very first versions of our headers. This was over three years ago before our headers had brackets for the slip fits. We did take care of these customers, we didn't leave them hangin.

These customers headers were wrapped also, which didn't help, since it heated up the metal, made it soft, and have that problem. But with our current design with the brackets, this problem won't happen, and hasn't happen since!:tup:
So you dont recommend heatwrapping the perrin header? or is that not an issue anymore?

·
Registered
616 Posts

I don't recommend wrapping our downpipes, since they can over time warp, and wrapping will void the warranty. But the newest design with the bracket will keep the header sealed, but eventually they could warp and leak, but they won't ever blow out!

·
Registered
14,805 Posts

I don't recommend wrapping our intercoolers, since they can over time warp, and wrapping will void the warranty. But the newest design with the bracket will keep the header sealed, but eventually they could warp and leak, but they won't ever blow out!
Quoted because Im an as$hole. Sory Chis! LOL

·
Registered
174 Posts

I guess I don't want to get into a fight with a bunch of forum guys who probably think a cat-back and crank pulley will yield them a 10second run. Tell me how the 12's feel. I'm just trying to help you out and open up your way of thinking. If you don't want the advice don't take it.

That turbo trix car most likely has a vf39 or similar stock STi turbo. But who knows maybe a 30R. Maybe it just an intake.

Also, you mentioned weight. You do know that you'll have to shave weight to really break the record, right?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts

Hope you have a good batch of meth to keep up with my e85 record i'm about to throw down at etown boris :p

261 - 280 of 2880 Posts