IW STi Forum banner

201 - 220 of 2880 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Re: Looking at Meth Kits.. Looking to break the stock turbo record

The record was on vp109 iirc, no stock turbo STi will ever run 10's. That would be sweet but no way, especially with the profile of the cams and the turbo itself blowing hot air

now evo's on the other hand; yes the record is 10.8 iirc?

·
Premium Member
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #204

The record was on vp109 iirc, no stock turbo STi will ever run 10's. That would be sweet but no way, especially with the profile of the cams and the turbo itself blowing hot air

now evo's on the other hand; yes the record is 10.8 iirc?

but you just said a shop did it in 10.9.

Show me what shop... i'm very interested as to how they got almost a second LESS then the current record holder.

·
Registered
14,805 Posts

but you just said a shop did it in 10.9.

Show me what shop... i'm very interested as to how they got almost a second LESS then the current record holder.
That wasnt him that said that bro. It was hellishsti.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts

I haven't been on for a few days.

1) The AM system is miles better then the CM one, just take a quick look at both kits side by side, or even look at the instruction manual. Heck you can buy the AM HFS-3 for about the same price as the CM one. In all honesty it is like comparing a $35k STi with a $20 K 2.5i and saying the are similiar, but the 2.5i saves you a ton of money.:rolleyes:

2) pump + alky is slower then E85 or race gas

3) race gas or E85 plus alky is actually touch faster then w/o, adding alky to very good fuel (E85 or race) doesn't help a lot, but it does help a small amount, so if you are going for the record use both.

·
Registered
14,805 Posts

I haven't been on for a few days.

1) The AM system is miles better then the CM one, just take a quick look at both kits side by side, or even look at the instruction manual. Heck you can buy the AM HFS-3 for about the same price as the CM one. In all honesty it is like comparing a $35k STi with a $20 K 2.5i and saying the are similiar, but the 2.5i saves you a ton of money.:rolleyes:

2) pump + alky is slower then E85 or race gas

3) race gas or E85 plus alky is actually touch faster then w/o, adding alky to very good fuel (E85 or race) doesn't help a lot, but it does help a small amount, so if you are going for the record use both.
It is not like comparing a 2.5i to an STI... You get the same power. The response is a fraction of a second and you and it starts flowing at a set psi. Mine starts flowing at 2 psi. There is no way in hell that my turbo can reach boost faster than the pump can react. Also the car is tuned around how it is set up so it doesnt matter.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts

It is not like comparing a 2.5i to an STI... You get the same power. The response is a fraction of a second and you and it starts flowing at a set psi. Mine starts flowing at 2 psi. There is no way in hell that my turbo can reach boost faster than the pump can react. Also the car is tuned around how it is set up so it doesnt matter.
Have you looked at an AM system in detail? If not, then you do not understand.

I have looked at both systems in exhausting detail.

·
Registered
14,805 Posts

Have you looked at an AM system in detail? If not, then you do not understand.

I have looked at both systems in exhausting detail.
Yes I have looked at both systems in detail... We don't need another debate lol. I already made a huge thread a while ago for that. To each their own. :tup:

·
Registered
2,608 Posts

If you want to run meth and break the record.............you need to run like 5% pumpgas and 95% meth.

You'll need like 3 huge nozzles and an even bigger tank.

·
Premium Member
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #213

If you want to run meth and break the record.............you need to run like 5% pumpgas and 95% meth.

You'll need like 3 huge nozzles and an even bigger tank.

I know. Trying to figure out the fuel situation.

It sucks that CT doesnt get E85.. I'd switch over... but there are no stations around :tdown:

·
Registered
14,805 Posts
Re: Being fancy. Taking out mad stuff this weekend AH!

I took out all of it in my 240sx. My advice is to not do it. If you really want to though use dry ice and a chisel. It might be cold enough there to do it with out the ice though.

·
Premium Member
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Re: Being fancy. Taking out mad stuff this weekend AH!

I took out all of it in my 240sx. My advice is to not do it. If you really want to though use dry ice and a chisel. It might be cold enough there to do it with out the ice though.

ehh just a bit of a project.

But look at how nice this piece is

WRX FRONT SUBFRAME

·
Registered
14,805 Posts
Re: Is Oswald the Only New Subframe around?!

Thats in my plans as well! If they did a deal where I could get the brace and their front and rear bumper for $1000 shipped I'd be all over it.

·
Premium Member
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
Re: New Gauges! Need to find a nice EL header

finally my new gauges are in.

Will get pics once they are all set up.

AEM UEGO and the AEM boost gauges to replace my **** prosports.

201 - 220 of 2880 Posts