IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 3418 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I'd like to go with a 255/35/18 but I don't know if it will clear the coilovers. Otherwise, I'm probably going with a 235/40/18. I had a 245/35/18 before and the sidewalls were too short, the ride was way rough. I think it would have been fine with springs but with coilovers it was too much.

·
Registered
603 Posts
BoostJunkie said:
I'd like to go with a 255/35/18 but I don't know if it will clear the coilovers. Otherwise, I'm probably going with a 235/40/18. I had a 245/35/18 before and the sidewalls were too short, the ride was way rough. I think it would have been fine with springs but with coilovers it was too much.
You should be able to fit 255/35/18. Talk to JDM_addict ( http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32017 ), as he's using 265/35/18 with struts/springs. Go with the wider ones if your wheels are 8.5" or larger (if they're 8" wide, 235 will be more than enough). I wished that I could go with 245/40/18 on the LGT, but the Advan Neova's only came in 235/40/18 or 255/40/18... The 255's would have been too large (and would require fender rolling, etc.), so I settled on the 235s and they do look a bit skinny on the 8.5" Advan RS'.

-Mike-

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
You should be able to fit 255/35/18. Talk to JDM_addict ( http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32017 ), as he's using 265/35/18 with struts/springs. Go with the wider ones if your wheels are 8.5" or larger (if they're 8" wide, 235 will be more than enough). I wished that I could go with 245/40/18 on the LGT, but the Advan Neova's only came in 235/40/18 or 255/40/18... The 255's would have been too large (and would require fender rolling, etc.), so I settled on the 235s and they do look a bit skinny on the 8.5" Advan RS'.
the problem is, with coilovers I have significantly less clearance than I would with struts/springs. I have decided to test fit the wheels for clearance before deciding on tires...if there is room to spare I will assume I can fit the 255's. I doubt this will be the case though, as it was pretty close with 245's on an 18x8.5 +48. The extra 2mm of positive offset will put the wheel/tire even closer to the coilover so I'm not too optimistic about being able to fit anything wider than a 235. I'm crossing my fingers though.

·
Registered
603 Posts
munky69 said:
got any pics of those on the lgt?
I don't want to hijack BoostJunkie's thread, so click here for the picture. It was just a test fit, as I'm still waiting on coilovers.

BoostJunkie said:
the problem is, with coilovers I have significantly less clearance than I would with struts/springs.
Ah... I forget how much lower the spring perches sit on the WRX/STi with coilovers. But yeah, definitely do a test-fit first to see what kind of room you have.

-Mike-

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nice..!! gc-010g's...

I've been watching those since summer. You may be the first I've heard of to get a set...

Slightly different spoke design than the ce28n's. Very nice choice...

P

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Thanks, I haven't seen anyone with these yet either but I'm sure someone out there must have them...I talked to Jonathan late last week and Prodrive's shipment hadn't cleared customs yet but hopefully I'll have news tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
8,810 Posts
Those are some great looking wheels. Can't wait for more pics.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I plan on getting the same rims except mine in gold of choice. Im happy to see that they have a 18x8.5 and i like the way these look compared to the regular gc010. Hopefully i will have mine by the end of March when i get my commission check....maybe i can see your car in person again before march.....

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
patience grasshopper...

easier said than done...right..??
yeah but I'll be out in Ohio where I need snow tires through at least March anyways so it's no big deal.

Really digging the car. Love the simplicity and your mindset for the mod path.
thanks, my goal is definitely to have a well-balanced car that is performance-oriented and very subtle in terms of looks.

I plan on getting the same rims except mine in gold of choice. Im happy to see that they have a 18x8.5 and i like the way these look compared to the regular gc010. Hopefully i will have mine by the end of March when i get my commission check....maybe i can see your car in person again before march.....
End of March would be optimistic but I suppose it's not impossible. I returned your PM.

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
I have Whiteline G4's. I don't know how you could gain clearance unless you set them really high or Tein's springs are really short. Yeah I just try not to think about the wheels because I know it'll take a long time either way.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
the teins are alot smaller in diameter and aren't inverted,have no cup. either way it doesn't matter really ;) you got some bad azz wheels on the way,and we will haunt you until and after they arrive :lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,810 Posts
Geez, that long of a wait for wheels, wow. Although with the way they look I would say they are worth it. Hope you can be patient enough.

81 - 100 of 3418 Posts