IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Re: 04STiGuys Platinum Silver Metallic 2004 STi

Usually not a big fan of wing-less STis, but yours looks very sweeeeeeeeeeet! Sounds good too! And your engine bay looks like it contains a beast! Sweet ride bro! Keep the pics and vids coming, loving it!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

Thanks guys, i appreciate the comments. As for the caps and dip stick, I prepped the items with auto body prep wax and grease remover and let them set over night to thoroughly dry. I then next sprayed a light coat of Bully dog adhesion promoter and then a second heavier coat. Let them set for a 1/2 hr for the promoter to adhere, then I used VHT Wrinkle Red high temp rattle spray. I have used there items in the past and have always been impressed how well they perform:tup:. One light coat, let them dry for 15min then a second light coat then dry for 20min, and last on to the third light coat to dry for 24 to 48hrs this might be excessive to but am very anal and wanted a nice finish that would last and withstand the elements:rolleyes:. Then reinstall and enjoy your work, there is no top coat or "protective coat needed it is very similar to a powder coat finish. Hope this helps guys.

·
Registered
38 Posts

04stiguy79, First, props for a sweet ride. Is there any chance you have day and night pics of the angel eyes?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)

:yeahthat:
You know what I do not have any of them on in the day but I can get some tomorrow as long as the rain holds off. As for them on in the night, I believe I have a few let me dig them up... Found em but I will get some more this weekend, I really need to get a better camera:lol:. Thanks again guys, appreciate the comments;)
Halo on at night:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Just ordered a Stainless Steel Sphere Sti shifter knob from WC Lathe Werks with a burnt finish (teaser..):evilbanan can not wait to see what she looks like:naughty: I will post pics upon arrival.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)

WC Lathe Werks Stainless Burnt Blue/Bronze Knob:tup:, I love it Mucho Meaty @ 1lbs and you can tell Chris has this down to a science. Quality craftmanship with exceptional lathe skills, Thanks again Chris! These pics do the Knob no justice, its just amazing looking:eek::

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts

^Wow, nice, you did that all yourself?

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts

Going to put some clear on it or leave it raw? Pretty hard to do I am assuming? Hmmm....

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

Going to put some clear on it or leave it raw? Pretty hard to do I am assuming? Hmmm....

Its a fabric based Carbon that simulates to the tee what Dry carbon pretty much looks like:). It is pretty easy to work with, but it takes alot of patients and time. 3M Headliner adhesive on the face, Plastic surgery on the edges for a everlasting hold. Check out the link under my Sig.pic for more info on the install.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

Just picked up the 6Gunracing 2005 Hub Swap kit 5x114.3 and some STANCE 2005 lower threaded collars for my GR+ SSD's . Soon to be a 2004.5 :D, the stock 04 hubs have no noise at all I am just killing 2 birds with one stone when the bearings do decide to go....and the selection of wheels;):tup:. As if anything I will be putting up my Stocker BBS's with Blizzack's on them and a set of Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8's with Faleken Azenis's on them, pics of both upon request;). Some Mcgaurd Spline drive Black onyx lug nuts, so keep a eye out or PM me if interested.

·
Registered
189 Posts

Hey dude i think i bought your RS-R springs from the guy you sold them too lol... Havent gotten them on yet but they look good on yours..

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

Hey dude i think i bought your RS-R springs from the guy you sold them too lol... Havent gotten them on yet but they look good on yours..
:lol:small world, yeah they are excellent springs and I would highly recommend them nice drop and a near close to factory ride. The install is not too bad either, just get a spring compressor to ease the install and you should be good to go.

21 - 40 of 99 Posts