IW STi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was wondering if any of you installed a boost gauge in an EU STI and what kind of boost are you reading and maybe with what mods? Because I'm thiniking I'm reading something a bit wierd with my boost bauge! Thank you very much for your help!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
STIprdr said:
Hey guys I was wondering if any of you installed a boost gauge in an EU STI and what kind of boost are you reading and maybe with what mods? Because I'm thiniking I'm reading something a bit wierd with my boost bauge! Thank you very much for your help!
Why is it wierd? a stock Sti should be around 0.9-1.1kpa/bar @ 4000rpm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the wierd thing is that my boost goes up to about 1.4 bar/kpa at around 5500-5800 rpm and from there the boost goes down to 1.1 bar/kpa and it stays there untill 7200rpm where I change my gear. I'll explain it a little better: I tested this out in second, third and fourth gear, at around 3000 rpm cruising as I start to accelerate slow to around 3500 rpm I'm starting to fell the boost and my boost gauge start to indicate positive boost ( don't know how much exactly ) and at around 3600-3700 I start to accelerate hard and my boost goes up al the way to 1.4 bar/kpa at around 5500-5800 rpm and from there the boost gauge goes down to 1.1 bar/kpa and it stays there untill I change my gear. And I was curious if anyone had this problem. Thank you very much and sorry for my bad english.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
STIprdr said:
Well the wierd thing is that my boost goes up to about 1.4 bar/kpa at around 5500-5800 rpm and from there the boost goes down to 1.1 bar/kpa and it stays there untill 7200rpm where I change my gear. I'll explain it a little better: I tested this out in second, third and fourth gear, at around 3000 rpm cruising as I start to accelerate slow to around 3500 rpm I'm starting to fell the boost and my boost gauge start to indicate positive boost ( don't know how much exactly ) and at around 3600-3700 I start to accelerate hard and my boost goes up al the way to 1.4 bar/kpa at around 5500-5800 rpm and from there the boost gauge goes down to 1.1 bar/kpa and it stays there untill I change my gear. And I was curious if anyone had this problem. Thank you very much and sorry for my bad english.
Sounds like u'r running with the stock boost-solenoide valve? The stock solenoide is somewhat unstabile, and that is most likely why you have a peak @ 1,4 bar. Buy a dawes device if your planning on running with the stock solenoide and that problem will go away, because the dawes will remove the spike in your boost.

Or you can buy a aftermarket boostcontroller, the solenoide that comes with these are much better than the stock. Note that if your running a stock exhaust system, i would not recommend that you run any more than Stock boost levels. The OEM system is to restrictive, but it's a good reason to get a nice aftermarket exhaust ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an Apexi AVC-R which I hope to install in about a month or so. I'm not runing a stock exhaust and I thought if I'd list my mods list maybe you'll have an ideea of where this boost spike comes from. My mods are: headers + up pipe, TBE, sandtler carbon air box, aps front mount intercooler and an hks ssqv. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
STIprdr said:
I have an Apexi AVC-R which I hope to install in about a month or so. I'm not runing a stock exhaust and I thought if I'd list my mods list maybe you'll have an ideea of where this boost spike comes from. My mods are: headers + up pipe, TBE, sandtler carbon air box, aps front mount intercooler and an hks ssqv. Thanks.
I had a typo in the last post, it's not a solenoide it's a Actuator valve :p

Install the AVC-R and i belive the boost-spike will go away :tup:
It's most likely the OEM actuator valve that is the cause.

But do not remove the OEM valve when you install the AVC, then you will get a CEL.
Just keep it plugged in, and switch the vacume lines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought that was an actuator valve but thought that maybe I was wrong :D thank you anyway for all your help!
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top