IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had a txs hpbc on my car for about a week and i have been trying out different adjustments. i have never hit fuel cut. but last night i notice it wasnt boosting right about .07, i tried to adjust it and it and it went lower and stayed that way, so i took it off thinking it was the controller and put it back too stock and rest the ecu. now it is only boosting to .06. what happend. also the only other mod i have is the ralliteck silencer delet elbow.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
maybe you forgot to connect a vacum line??? on the turbo to the gauge???? its gotta be a line thats off....so the wastegate is open at a certain point...i hope my 2 cents helps!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Call TurboXS, they can probably tell you the right setting for the mbc. As for the OEM BC, check your lines. Also try switching the hoses that connect to the compressor side and to the Waste gate actuator. This happened to my friend, we connected the hoses on the wrong parts.

·
Registered
195 Posts
FasStAsS_sTi said:
maybe you forgot to connect a vacum line??? on the turbo to the gauge???? its gotta be a line thats off....so the wastegate is open at a certain point...i hope my 2 cents helps!
quite the opposite actaully. if there was a vacuum line off there would be less pressure to the wastegate and he would be overboosting. it sounds like you are getting too much boost to your wastegate. did you replace the small brass restrictor thats tucked inside the hose? if not you will lose boost

1 - 7 of 7 Posts