IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a boost gauge on the STi...

52mm Defi D-Gauge

Now i'm wondering if the readings are correct...

Engine off: 0
At idle/cruise: -20 in Hg
Max boost: 10 PSi only!

Triple checked the installation and everything is according to the instruction.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
New forum? STi vs World anybody?

wat was wrong with it?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replaced the cheap Defi supplied hose. It was packaged so tightly in a box and came out all deformed! Other than that the gauge looks awesome specially at night and very accurate!

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Excellent! I think it was you that recommended the 52mm/2/16" Autometer Cup with the Defi. I see it fits like a charm. Thanks for sharing, it looks great!

What is that piece of sponge between the cup mount and the steering column?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
upgrading stock shift linkage- worth it?

3M double sided tape i found in my garage...just used it to make it easier to align and fit the gauge cup. Doesn't really show on the front. The tape was actually strong enough to hold the gauge but i still used screws to secure it.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
nice

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you do a search in Google you'll see that the CF cup is offered all over but i got mine at Summitracing.com

I used them before so i got it there...

·
Registered
260 Posts
If I have the oem boost gauge already and want to convert to this setup can I reuse the vacuum and electrical connections or do I need to hookup new wires?

Or what's the thought if I just replace the oem boost gauge with a 45mm Omori and reuse the oem housing? That fits into it, right? Is the gauge still too small to be seen. I usually don't even notice that I already have a boost gauge because it's not in my 'normal' line of sight.

·
Registered
260 Posts
OK I did some research and the Omori 45mm gauge will fit into the oem housing. Someone's done a writeup on the installation: http://www.j-spectuning.com/45mm_column.pdf Do you think there's much of a size issue between a 45mm and 52mm gauges? One thing with the oem gauge is that it blocks the outside temp gauge, I'm guessing you have the Defi mounted so that it doesn't block it, is that correct?

Defi 52mm or Omori 45mm, which one and why?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I never had the OEM set-up so i wouldn't know the difference. But what i did was i mounted mine as close to the steering wheel as possible. How close?...just enough space for the cruise control lever to clear when you turn.

As you can see from the pics above i could barely see the oustide temp also and i can only see half of the fuel gauge. But i could take a peak at those anytime. As far as being able to see the Defi gauge...I could see it working clearly day or night.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts