IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Re: Anyone with turbo-back exhaust only

no you wont, i've had both an intake and bov and no boost cut here.

Robert~

·
Registered
39 Posts
No such thing as BOOST CUT.

FUEL CUT happens when the ECU sees too much air through the air-flow meter. This is a safety feature that the ECU has from damaging your engine from a lean condition caused by excessive boost.

An intake and BOV will not cause boost the rise to the point of fuel cut. But it can happen even on a stock vehicle if for some reason the wastegate malfuctions and stays shut too long. When you add a boost controller, then you may run into fuel cut if you set the boost too high. The PSI fuel cut activates is dependent on many things, including air temperature.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
jeffsti said:
No such thing as BOOST CUT.

FUEL CUT happens when the ECU sees too much air through the air-flow meter. This is a safety feature that the ECU has from damaging your engine from a lean condition caused by excessive boost.

An intake and BOV will not cause boost the rise to the point of fuel cut. But it can happen even on a stock vehicle if for some reason the wastegate malfuctions and stays shut too long. When you add a boost controller, then you may run into fuel cut if you set the boost too high. The PSI fuel cut activates is dependent on many things, including air temperature.
ya I apologize, thats what I meant (Fuel not boost)... same reason an HKS FCD is used to rid of that.

Robert~

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
ss3homer said:
why shouldnt you get a bov though???
The stock valve recirculates the air post- mass airflow meter, if you use a BOV, this air is released from the system. The ECM makes fuel calculations based on the air seen through the airflow meter. Therefore, you might (probably will) run rich for a split second when the BOV is blowing off air.

-st

1 - 8 of 8 Posts