IW STi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just had a question, well right now since im not tuned and have a catless turboback im getting spikes to 19psi at WOT in5th and 6th gear somtimes in 4th:eek: i just wanted to see if i were to get a better boost controller that will hold boost better, would this help with the the spiking i just need something to help out until i get tuned

·
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
9,936 Posts
no it wont help. getting tuned might fix it, and if it doesnt porting the wastegate or installing an external wastegate will.

·
Registered
833 Posts
evilSTi7 said:
no it wont help. getting tuned might fix it, and if it doesnt porting the wastegate or installing an external wastegate will.
+1^^^:clap:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also i noticed that sometimes when i kind of get on it at WOT in 4th or 5th it will goto 14.5-15 psi and stay there but when im going the car kind of feels like its slowing down ??:confused:

·
Registered
833 Posts
dude you obviously have money with what your driving and all the mods, you really need to get your car tuned asap:D and possibly get your turbo ported, i did (not saying it works for everyone) and no more spikes, that was also with a protune:tup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts