IW STi Forum banner

781 - 800 of 1193 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - WedsSport Wheels are HERE!

Oh hell yes. Everything about that setup is perfect. Color looks great, tires are awesome and the right size...nice man!

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts

OMG, now I need these in gold. lol

·
Registered
6 Posts

Just curious as to where you bought your gurney flap. Ive been searching for one but can't seem to find one

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #787

Just curious as to where you bought your gurney flap. Ive been searching for one but can't seem to find one

Its a BMW E46 sedan boot spoiler. I just got a cheap one on ebay for like $20 :tup:

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #788 (Edited)

Tried on one of the wheels this afternoon. Wow, these wheels are sexy! (Dont mind the tread going the wrong direction haha)

But I DEFINITELY need a pull on the rear fenders...

Already called the local fender pro to setup fixing these fenders :)

·
Registered
899 Posts

Looks familiar.
I need to pull my fenders more. The were still rubbing at the Hockenheimring with the AD08Rs.
Wondering if the Body Shop will drill out the spot welds, pull and then reweld the the metal sheets as that would be the only proper way in my opinion.

Love the wheels! They look superb in Gold!

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #791 (Edited)

Been a busy weekend! I also finished up the little wiring project behind the radio. To summarize what I "accomplished", I added a fuse block to cleanly/safely add additional power connections without turning the radio harness into spaghetti, trimmed multiple wire sets from the switch panel that had 12+ inches of unneeded length, as well as having every wired connection to the radio harness coming from a connector that can be easily be disconnected if needed.

For the fuse block itself, the power and ground coming from the OEM harness go straight to the fuse block to power everything, and then the radio brings it's power/ground back from the fuse block with a separate connector.

The fuse block install:

Power/Ground wire bundles coming up from the fuse block:

Here is what the final product looks like. There is still a bunch of wires back there, but if you discount the HVAC control wiring its actually not that bad. Its also pushed back so it probably looks worse than it is:

Here's another shot of the final product, you can see here how far back the wiring sits, which is probably the best indication of how much cleaner this is.

The wire connectors unfortunately added more to the size of the wire bundle than I wanted, but I feel much better about being able to easily disconnect the radio harness if needed. Over all, while some may see this as pointless, I'm glad I cleaned it up :tup:

·
Registered
694 Posts

Loving those WedSports and that little gurney flap.

What benefits is the gurney flap supposed to give you?

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #793

Loving those WedSports and that little gurney flap.

What benefits is the gurney flap supposed to give you?
Thanks!

Long story short they increase the downforce of a given wing. Heres a diagram I found that shows how it works:

Except in my case, there is an angled front to the flap so the vortex in front of the flap does not exist, but the 90° backside is there, which is the important part :tup:

·
Super Moderator
8,388 Posts
Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Building Oil Cooler Setup

It has begun! Test fitting the new oil cooler core. It hangs a little lower than I wanted but it will still have a little clearance above the bottom panels so it should be okay. Gotta notch out some more room for the lines in the beatrush undertray too.

Can I just say bolting this onto the crash bar was way harder than I thought it would be. Almost all the bolts I attempted to use either stripped or the hole stripped and wouldn't hold them... Wound up getting progressively bigger bolts until I finally got it to hold. I still am not thrilled with it but the cooler is rigid. Threw on some loctite for good measure as well.

Also hung the tow strap I bought like a year ago. Had to source a M14x1.5 bolt 100mm long. Now I wont have to install a tow hook at the track, I can just pull this through the bumper :)

So my S2000 may be getting this same oil cooler core. I really want to run a Therm-HX, but the thickness will likely block a bit of air from the opening in the bumper. I may have do some additional welding to direct more air through it too.

You don't have any data for oil temps yet, do you?

Also, I upgraded my thermostatic sandwich to the same one I used on the SHO as both the S2000 and [Yamaha] SHO's flow a lot of oil. I may do -12 AN lines as well.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #795

Wow, that sandwich plate is a beast! I don't have any oil temps yet but I'm hoping to hit HyperFest at VIR on the 20th of this month. When I bought the cooler I told the guys at Fluidyne that I wanted to maintain 220°F at the track at my power level using a 200°F thermostatic plate. I'm expecting to hover right around there under full load, but only time will tell how it all pans out.

·
Registered
899 Posts

I have a 200°F Thermostat Sandwich Plate and with a 15 Row Oilcooler never saw temps exceeding 210°F measuered at the 3rd Cylinder with Motul 15W50.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #799

I'm amazed your paint survived that :eek:
Good thing we have factory overfenders :lol:
lots of heat was added throughout the process ;)

EDIT: Nice ninja edit there :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #800 (Edited)

and last night I made a custom plate to replace the ashtray/cigarette lighter which no longer fits... right now the USB plate only connects to the radio, but I plan to add another as a charger. Will clean it up a bit too. Maybe add some left over CF vinyl too.

781 - 800 of 1193 Posts