IW STi Forum banner

761 - 780 of 1196 Posts

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts
Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - WedsSport Wheels are HERE!

Thanks! I guess the pics are back up now?
Yup. Pics are there. Looking awesome!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

Pics are up! Congrats, love TC105N's. Did you go with the same gold as the old wheels or something different?

What tires and what size are you planning to run? I have 245/40/17 AD08R's mounted on 17x9 TC105N's and they rub pretty badly out back with -1.5* and the inner lip of the wheel well shaved completely flush.

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #763

No, Im going to try to go with a gold more similar to the oem BBS this time. we'll see how it turns out. Should be picking them up the monday after next!

Right now the plan is to run 255/40/17 RE-71Rs. The AD08Rs run a lot wider so I'm not surprised they are rubbing. I currently have -2° camber up front and -1.7° in the rear, so hopefully i will be rub free, but i will roll the rears if needed.

·
Registered
479 Posts

I have the same wheels running 255 z2's. With -2* rear, I had to pull at least 3/4" and had to grind the inner lip of the quarter protectors down after I panel bonded them back on. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #765

I have the same wheels running 255 z2's. With -2* rear, I had to pull at least 3/4" and had to grind the inner lip of the quarter protectors down after I panel bonded them back on. Good luck!
wow... how low are you? I'm borderline needing to pull the rears now, but because I'm only on STI Pinks they aren't rubbing at all...

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #766

so my radio crapped out on me... its been a bit dodgy for a while and now its done. Went online to look at radios and found a Kenwood DDX6702S for a reasonable price :) Will be adding a stealth backup camera to it as well. That will be a nice addition to the daily driving experience :tup:

·
Registered
479 Posts

wow... how low are you? I'm borderline needing to pull the rears now, but because I'm only on STI Pinks they aren't rubbing at all...
13.5 coh to fender, not too low. I know z2's run a bit wide. They measured 10.25" before mounting and 9.75" after. :notsure:

Were you referring to your old wheel and tire setup? I think you were +45 with a 245?

Here's how much I pulled with -2* :

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts

13.5 coh to fender, not too low. I know z2's run a bit wide. They measured 10.25" before mounting and 9.75" after. :notsure:

Were you referring to your old wheel and tire setup? I think you were +45 with a 245?

Here's how much I pulled with -2* :

[URL=http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o712/xirallicgdb/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsbe51f8ac.jpg]Image Link
[/URL]

[URL=http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o712/xirallicgdb/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsd6dfb9f5.jpg]Image Link
[/URL]

[URL=http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o712/xirallicgdb/image_zpsdg6vk5eq.jpg]Image Link
[/URL]
Aren't you running the 9.5 +32?

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #770

yes, I am referring to my "current" (255/40/17 Cont. DWS) on 17x9 +45 (with 5mm spacer for +40 effective offset) being borderline needing a pull in the rear... Its real close, but somehow not rubbing ;)

new setup is 17x9 +35 (255/40/17 RE71-R) which will probably be about 1/8-1/4" further out and probably needing a little pull. The RE71-R are only 0.2" wider than the DWS according to tire rack.

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #771 (Edited)

Added a lil gurney-flap to the rear wing. Got the idea from Ben (even bought the exact same thing...haha). From what I've read on their function they do quite a lot, and adding extra "wing" will increase the effectiveness of the diffuser as well:tup:

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts

Pics!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #774

Talked with Discount Tire this morning, tires will be in on Thursday, and then I can snap some pics :)

This is random, but it has been pouring rain here for like 2 days straight. And I just LOVE seeing the monster rooster tail of water coming up out the back of my car from the diffuser :D It seems like the water carrying up could have increased from before the gurney flap install, but theres no way to be sure. I still need to do a string test...

·
Registered
449 Posts

Talked with Discount Tire this morning, tires will be in on Thursday, and then I can snap some pics :)

This is random, but it has been pouring rain here for like 2 days straight. And I just LOVE seeing the monster rooster tail of water coming up out the back of my car from the diffuser :D It seems like the water carrying up could have increased from before the gurney flap install, but theres no way to be sure. I still need to do a string test...
The day I saw you, last wed or thurs, I was on my way back from Discount tire.

Got a flat in my Continental Extreme Contact DW rear passenger. Could not be fixed so I got 4 new Hankook Evo2 tires. It is a step down from the Continentals but funds were low as this was unexpected expense. So far they drive OK but make more noise than my Conts.

Car looks fresh by the way!

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #777 (Edited)

So after installing the new head unit, i decided the cluster of wires floating around back there was just to much for me to handle... I am OCD when it comes to wires; I can't handle messy wires, it makes my skin crawl. So I am trying to "fix" all that currently and its turning out to be way more work than I anticipated. I bought a fuse block to use for all the extra power connections (gauges/rear cam/switches/etc.) instead of having them all spliced off the radio harness, and I bought some connectors to be able to remove the harness later if needed without cutting wires. Finding a home for that is proving difficult but I think i've got a decent spot for it.

I'm hoping to have something close to done in the next few days but its all dependent on how much time I can spend on it, and how much extra time it will take, every time I decide something isn't good enough...haha Oh and I keep running out of heat-shrink and stuff. haha

Here's a sneak peak of the beginnings of project "fixallthewiring"

BTW, I'm already changing whats in that picture from all single wire connectors, to as many double wire connectors as makes sense. Having 10 of those single connectors takes a TON of space! #theguywhocantleaveanythingalone

Oh, and one more day until tires are here!

·
Registered
901 Posts

Easiest solution: Get rid of the Stereo in the Car :D
Messy wires are a pain for everyone, ask Idin about it ;)

761 - 780 of 1196 Posts