IW STi Forum banner

741 - 760 of 1193 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #741
Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Building Oil Cooler Setup

Love your break set-up! I must do this to mine! I have the ducts clear. Im ready... next mod :)
Thanks!

keeping the brakes cool is awesome if you are doing track time :tup:

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #742 (Edited)

So, lately I've been plugging my phone in to listen to pandora in the car, but that means the phone is just sitting on the passenger seat (since I routed the USB connection through the center console a while back). I don't like "loose-ends" and a phone without a home certainly feels like one to me...

Enter the engineer who can't leave things alone: an over designed phone holder! lol

Made the plans in CAD, marked on some spare sheetmetal, cut it out and bent into shape:

Once these two pieces are attached (as shown), I will drill the mounting holes on that big bottom flange, and bolt to the seat base for my Recaro. Should be a nice little slot to drop the phone down into.

Oh, and I finished installing the Oil cooler/lines/sandwich plate ;)

And this gets covered up by the panels under the bumper... I'm not leaving that exposed. haha

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #744 (Edited)

Took the bumper off today to make some adjustments and thought Id snap a pic of the bolts im using to support the bumper.

And what else do you do when its an 80 deg Saturday afternoon in February? Wash the car :)

·
Registered
827 Posts

I just don't understand how you're supposed to be able to remove them though? You can't get the center grille off from the front, but you can't get to those pins from the back either... :shrug:

Late reply, but the side grills come out to access those pins. Been a bit since I pulled the bumper, but I recall all 3 grill pieces basically just pop out of you pull after removing the top pop pins. Maybe mine are messed up though, since some assflap cracked the center one by backing their penile extension into it.

Good to see it coming along though. :tup:

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #746

Late reply, but the side grills come out to access those pins. Been a bit since I pulled the bumper, but I recall all 3 grill pieces basically just pop out of you pull after removing the top pop pins. Maybe mine are messed up though, since some assflap cracked the center one by backing their penile extension into it.

Good to see it coming along though. :tup:
Yeah, the only problem is the plastic tabs behind the three pieces (not the top ones) are more likely to break than pop out at this age (ask me how I know ;)) But I can see your point of them being "deisgned" to be removable like that. oh well :shrug: I like my solution better :tup:

·
Registered
827 Posts
BlueScooby's 06 STI - Building Oil Cooler Setup

Yeah, the only problem is the plastic tabs behind the three pieces (not the top ones) are more likely to break than pop out at this age (ask me how I know ;)) But I can see your point of them being "deisgned" to be removable like that. oh well :shrug: I like my solution better :tup:

I know the pain. I'm missing half those damn things and the others are missing half of their tops. Your solution works though. :haha:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - WedsSport Wheels are HERE!

Somehow the pictures are not working for me neither on mobile nor on the company web.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #756

Those look amazing...
mind sharing the specs?
Thanks! They are 17x9 +35

Somehow the pictures are not working for me neither on mobile nor on the company web.
Not sure whats going on, but it appears photobucket is down... hopefully it'll be back up soon

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #758

Pics aren't working for me either - did you get TC105Ns?
Yep! And i dropped them off to be powder coated gold this morning :) I'm a sucker for gold wheels :rolleyes: Trying a new place this time too, so the outcome should be better quality.

·
Registered
339 Posts

pretty damn cool wheels! Love it

741 - 760 of 1193 Posts