IW STi Forum banner

681 - 700 of 1193 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #681
Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Fender Vents Installed, now working on switch plate

RE-71Rs aren't available over here so no idea really.

My all time favourite so far is the Yokohama AD08R. 180 Treadwear, fast tire, works well both on Track and on public roads / in the rain.
those look like a good option! They are slightly more expensive but not so much that I wouldn't consider them :tup:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts

I have some experience with RE71R's. I put them on in the summer of 2015 and ran them for a season and a half of autocross and time attack. They have a tremendous amount of grip. You have to heat cycle them a couple times though before you go all out. Initially they are very soft and you'll otherwise tear them up. The last event I ran on them was a track day. I thought the tires were pretty spent. They were just about down to the wearbars. Even so they did great. They felt solid and consistent. My g's peaked at 1.3 which I thought was pretty good.

It would be a no brainer to just pick up another set save for one thing. Hankook has the new RS4 coming out. I'm hoping some testing will be done soon so I can buy the fast tire the first time.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #683

Yeah, thats one thing I'm sort of waiting on too. The new RS4 and the new dunlop ZIII are potential good tire options. My wheels won't even be in the US until end of february so I've still got some time to decide on tires. I just hope the tires are out and have some reviews by then...

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #684

anyone have any experience with the Falken Azenis RT615K? I haven't heard anything about them in years but tirerack still has them apparently... And they are a hair cheaper than some of the other tires I'm looking at.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #685 (Edited)

Update on the switch panel:

Finally finished cleaning up the wires, mounted the panel and ran the wires above the headliner (just jammed them up there in the gap... haha) and behind the A-pillar. I didn't realize how easy it is pop that thing on and off.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #687

I like the positioning. F22!
best place to mount a panel with a ton of switches when you have a full interior :tup:

plus now i can start flipping switches like a fighter pilot and freak out passengers:lol::lol:

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts

Rt615k is slow compared to the rest of the tires available. Not really worth it unless you're cost shopping only.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

Aaron, your car needs more speed holes...

Just zooming by the forum to link up my eBay ads since those on my blog have been a total and utter failure (0 sales in 12 months). Thought I would wave to the only guy who still religiously reads my shit, for some reason, unknown, probably something sado-masochistic related...

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

I'm a bit late to the party but I'm running AD08R's and love them. I got them with my Weds, otherwise I would have been running RE-11's, but they're great. I only have one trackday on them and I wasn't pushing hard at all but they were confidence inspiring for sure. Great on the road as well!

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #693

I'm a bit late to the party but I'm running AD08R's and love them. I got them with my Weds, otherwise I would have been running RE-11's, but they're great. I only have one trackday on them and I wasn't pushing hard at all but they were confidence inspiring for sure. Great on the road as well!
Thats almost exactly where I'm at... haha I wanted the RE-11s for the Weds I ordered but now am having to go for different tires. The AD08R's do sound good though :tup:

Anyone know when the RS4's or ZIII's are actually coming out?

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #694 (Edited)

So I got the Mocal sandwich plate and hose/fittings today and started some assembly.

I started threading in the pipe thread-to-AN fittings but they aren't going in all the way, and I think the threads on the left adapter are messed up because it's already tight... Are these supposed to fully seat or just tighten?

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #695

Nevermind, apparently I have the wrong fitting. Even though I thought what I purchased was a BSP 1/2" to -10AN fitting, this is apparently NPT and therefore doesnt fit... After googling a bit I found the right fitting.

Heres hoping I didnt mess up the threads...

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

Threads on the fittings are probably softer than those in the adapter even though it's aluminum. I think you'll be fine. Pipe thread fittings won't thread in the whole way, the one on the right looks like it's seated enough or is close.

FWIW my AD08R's are 245/40, I would have gone for 255/40 if I bought tires separately. AD08R's seem to "run wide" as they're rubbing pretty badly with -1.5* in the rear, and I shaved the lip in the wheel well flush prior to installing them.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #697

Yeah, ive bee looking at the tire width dimensions on tire rack for each of these tires. This is why I went with the +35 offset to get at little more room. I'll have to roll the rear fenders a little though.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts

Nevermind, apparently I have the wrong fitting. Even though I thought what I purchased was a BSP 1/2" to -10AN fitting, this is apparently NPT and therefore doesnt fit... After googling a bit I found the right fitting.

Heres hoping I didnt mess up the threads...
Hold your horses... The mocal plate is British pipe thread... Did you buy the fittings from mocal? Pipe thread is always tight and if you're mixing brands the tolerances are going to be different.

I have mocal with mocal fittings and they threaded all the way down.

Also, not trying to be condescending but do you understand how pipe thread works?

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #699

Yea I understand it I just ordered the wrong thing... I knew I needed 1/2" BSP to AN, which I thought I bought... When I realized it was wrong I couldn't even find the right fitting without using google to navigate the site...

Unfortunately I think I f**ked the threads up on the mocal plate :(

At least the correct fittings are on the way now. I need to see if the threads on the plate are repairable.

681 - 700 of 1193 Posts