IW STi Forum banner

541 - 560 of 1193 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #541 (Edited)
Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - tune done, 309whp/321wtq!

Less exciting news, I improved my AP V3 mount :)

The 3M double sided tape is great for the dash but not the actual mount for some reason... So I drilled a pair of small holes and screwed it to the dash. Not going to fall off in the heat now! And I added a hole to route the cord straight to the AP as well. Much cleaner install:tup:

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #543 (Edited)

Haha, thanks Baron!

Wastegate "muffler" installed and new underbody patch panel fabbed. Muffler doesn't really knock the volume down much but relocating it to under the car makes it sound less harsh which is good. Also it looks pretty sweet... Haha

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #545

Non-car related update:

Last night the wife went into labor at 34.5 weeks. Went to the hospital and now i have a 5lb 10oz little girl! Let the non-sleeping begin...

·
Registered
899 Posts

Wish you guys all the best with the future Subaru Co-Pilot and that she'll be healthy and kickin'!

Congratulations :cool:

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts

Non-car related update:

Last night the wife went into labor at 34.5 weeks. Went to the hospital and now i have a 5lb 10oz little girl! Let the non-sleeping begin...
your life is about to change in ways you can never anticipate. totally exciting. congratulations!!

(my oldest just turned 40; that's not a typo. lol)

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #548 (Edited)

Thanks guys! We're really excited to finally meet her. Took my boy to meet her as well and he's excited to be a big brother :)

She is in an incubator for the next week or so but she is healthy!

·
Super Moderator
10,687 Posts

Congratulations!

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts

Congrats!

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #554

Thanks guys! Its been an interesting one since shes hanging out in the NICU, but she is a healthy growing girl!

In other news, I finally got to attend to the suby a bit. Cleaned the wheels, added a bit of air, vacuumed it out. Felt really good to clean it up a bit.

Also, I'm 90% sure I'm going to re-route the EWG dumptube back into the down pipe. Its just so loud, I feel like the car is yelling at everyone, and understated is more my taste than loud/obnoxious... That and I don't hear that sweet exhaust note anymore :( Got a local friend who likes welding exhaust that I can probably get to do it for me :tup:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts

Congrats ! I have a 14 month old daughter, and it only gets better as time goes on. Enjoy it ! Truth bomb - the first few months are rough - once they hit 3-4 months and start recognizing you, and smiling, it's awesome.

Non-car related update:

·
Registered
449 Posts

Congrats!!

My 4yr old and 13 yr old keep us plenty busy. No more kids here.

Sleep..... Say good buy to it. For a while. Lol

#DaddyDuty

Let's see that STI onesie.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #557 (Edited)

after everyone went to bed I finally decided to try out the paint pens I bought 6 months ago... turns out painting lettering is a time consuming PITA! I love the way it looks, but this may be the only set of tires that get the treatment... haha

ps - its a little sloppy, so don't judge me.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #558

So about a week ago I received my Oswald Performance rear triangle brace and installed it. I haven't really pushed the car to see how the handling has changed but I have noticed a couple small changes. First off, the inside rear tire lifts even easier now (entering steep driveways at an angle) and second, the car seems to corner a hair flatter than before. Considering I haven't really pushed it, I'm pleased to see Im already noticing small changes :D

Also, today, I'm at a friends working on routing the dump-tube back into the downpipe. Will post some pics when finished :tup:

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #559 (Edited)
Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - EWG routed back into DP

Wastegate dump-tumb is routed back into the downpipe! I am SO glad I decided to do this! First off, obviously now I no longer have the crazy angry loud shouty dump-tube routed to atmosphere which is enough of an improvement by itself. But also, the crazy resonance/reverberation that came from adding a support tab for that "muffler" onto the transmission subframe is gone as well :) I mean it was like my head was bouncing around between the gears in the transmission it was so bad. And as an icing on the cake, we found the hose on the wastegate had cracked so we replaced it. Luckily before I over-boosted to hell and grenaded the engine... #fixallthethings

So I'm pretty happy with how it all came out. Not to mention that the local club member (Jordan) who did the work, did a fantastic job on a super clean install. We added a couple V-bands to have a removable section of the waste gate piping for serviceability, a flex section to avoid cracking, and we hit the down pipe section with a little black paint just to clean it up a bit (you'll see it looking sort of wet/shiny in the pics below).

*NOTE* The angle of this picture makes the dump tube look like its touching the CV boot. It's not, its more like 1-2 inches away from it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - EWG routed back into DP

Nice!

I need to do this too. Tired of those fumes.

541 - 560 of 1193 Posts