IW STi Forum banner

521 - 540 of 1193 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - finally moving towards stage 2 :D

Sure thing :)

Yes, we're counting the days! Super excited!!!
I wanted to get Group N Mounts from Rallispec, but found out even in the states, they want 40$ for shipping to my buddy's house. Not really worth it then.
Might shop a few parts at Perrin instead.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #523 (Edited)

While under the car this weekend, I noticed some gear oil smell and looked around under the car a bit. The bottom of the trans pan seemed a little moist and there is a tiny hairline crack developing on the drain neck, starting in the chip on the edge. Anyone seen something like this?

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #524 (Edited)

I found the impossibly small rubber thingy for my clock!

Now Ive got all three again, hazaa!

And I added a vent through the under panels for the IAG AOS :tup:

·
Registered
899 Posts

Guess you won't be needing my Clock then? :)

Looks like the Gearbox Oilpan was overtorqued? Looks weird indeed! I would replace it.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #526

Yep! Thanks for he offer though!

Over torquing does make sense, but Id be surprised if I did.. Plus I haven't touched it in a couple months and it just started leaking... :(

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #527
Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Stg2 Protune coming 6/9/16!

Less than 1 week until the new Protune! I'm so excited I can't stand it... haha EWG and UP will go on just before the new tune. Cars going to be a whole new beast when its done :D I'll see if I'm able to get any shots/footage of dyno time :tup:

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts
Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Stg2 Protune coming 6/9/16!

Less than 1 week until the new Protune! I'm so excited I can't stand it... haha EWG and UP will go on just before the new tune. Cars going to be a whole new beast when its done. I'll see if I'm able to get any shots/footage of dyno time :
i need to be this excited. can't wait to see the result.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #530
Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Stg2 Protune coming 6/10/16!

last minute changes!

So the AMR inlet is a 3" and the OEM post-maf tube is 2.5", so they don't really fit together. My OEM maf tube was heated and stretched over the inlet but it doesn't fit very well and I don't like stuff being jerry-rigged... The only real solution appears to be running a 3" intake (my cobb SF is 2.5"). So I just ordered a KS Tech 73mm Mega MAF CAI and had the shipping expedited. At the same time, I just learned my tuner is out of town on Thursday so the tune has been pushed back to Friday...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

That AMR inlet....what a pain. I went to a Tomei silicone one, which actually fits. I am also going to be using the KSTech 73mm CAI - it's a nice piece. Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

KS Tech is pretty good with shipping things out pretty quickly. I think mine came in less than a week and I just got standard shipping and it was around Black Friday. Hope it shows up in time!

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #533

KS Tech is pretty good with shipping things out pretty quickly. I think mine came in less than a week and I just got standard shipping and it was around Black Friday. Hope it shows up in time!
Yeah, I called them up and talked it through with Matt (I think) and they are working it out to ship out tomorrow. They were super easy to deal with and willing to help which was awesome!

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #534

All the parts are installed. BTW, Invidia Catted DP and 44mm EWG are NOT a good fit together! The shop struggled for hours and somehow finally shoe horned them in there...

They started the road tune and one of the AF sensors threw an code and needs replacing. Once that is fixed they will get back on the road, then head to the dyno to finalize the tune.

its been a hectic day and its only halfway through...

·
Super Moderator
10,687 Posts

Nice, any results?

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #537 (Edited)

309whp/321wtq! Im super stoked about those numbers, I didn't think Id break the 300whp barrier :tup: I mean on stock injectors and stock turbo that's pretty healthy.

Video forthcoming :)

521 - 540 of 1193 Posts