IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Yup, in the sun you can not see a thing on WRB. This should also be good down the road for scratches in the paint. Under certain lighting you can see the edge and some imperfections in the film, but it's all worth the protection.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Yeah, the thing I always get from people is "you can see it right there man"...

Yeah...and just how much of a giant black piece of vinyl do you see? ;)

I can't wait to get mine on....come on....phone ring!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Whoah! Where can I get a clear bra? You think Pep-Boys carries one?

That thing is nice.. I don't even know what to look for so I couldn't tell there was a bra on there at all!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Excuse my ignorance.. I didn't know anything about the product used for a 'clear bra'. I found the info with a little searching:

3M 'Scotchcal' Paint Protection Film:

http://www.3m.com/US/auto_marine_aero/auto/pdf/holdingfast_no16.pdf

Here's a link to find an installer for it: http://cms.3m.com/cms/US/en/2-168/czrRFFU/view.jhtml

If you're feeling brave you can get a do-it-yourself kit from http://www.invinca-shield.com/ or one of their resellers. They have a kit listed for the 2004 model year as Impreza WRX/Outback Sport/2.5 RS/Sedan and Wagon.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I found it

Hmm. I have the 3M product, and everyone keeps asking why I have a big scratch on my hood or on the side. I have to explain what it is, and share my hope that after a few washes and some time the seam will start becoming more invisible.

Where a whole panel is put on, it really is invisible and very nice. But where it ends in the middle of a panel (like the hood) it is very visible.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you're feeling brave you can get a do-it-yourself kit from http://www.invinca-shield.com/ or one of their resellers. They have a kit listed for the 2004 model year as Impreza WRX/Outback Sport/2.5 RS/Sedan and Wagon .
wrxtc,

I see that you did some reseach on the product. I checked out the Invinca-shield kit since they are a competitor. This what I found. They sell the full kit for $329 and have the bumper broke up into a lot of pieces which would make it easier to install for sure. Since you are not having to have a large piece in your hands. What will happen is that the dirt will collect along the lines when butted together and cause the bra to stand out and look bad overtime and the wax will get stuck on there.

We have the full kit for $266 and the bumper is one piece for a better and cleaner look. Both of the products are from 3M and pre-cut to fit your car. The another bonus is we have the STi kit while they do not.

In response to WRX_Mundi comment on the line being visible. What brand of film is on your car and the thickness? Also what color is your car and how close are you standing when the looking at it. While the product can be seen if in the right light, it should not be visible from five feet away when clean or real hard to see. Just wondering what your thoughts are a little more on the film.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RYE SUBARU FORD in NY 914 967 6300

You can wash, wax even dare I say it "take through a real car wash" with no issues. What you hvae to watch for is anything that might rub right along the edge of the product and catch it. I have had four vehicles with the product on it with no issues at all. One more thing that is important would be that the product is sealed correctly and that all the edges are down after the install.

I hope this helps answer your question.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have only heard comments of the clear bra on WRB. Does it look bad on other colors (such as black), or is it just easier to see the seam?

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Do they make these bras for women too? haha

Seriously though, don't go to Pep-Boys for anything. They don't have a wide selection of anything and definitely wouldn't have something as quality as clear bra. The didn't even have bosch premium filters! Get your stuff at autozone or walmart, and stuff you can't find there find get on the internet :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have only heard comments of the clear bra on WRB. Does it look bad on other colors (such as black), or is it just easier to see the seam?
It looks good on any color. I have done black, blue and silver so far. I have heard mized reviews on white, but the customers that have put it on like it.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
I can't see the seam at all in any of the pics! How can you be sure it's even on the car? ;)

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
mobil 1

The quality of those pics doesn't help either. I don't think a pic will do it justice, you will probably not see it in any pic.

·
Registered
347 Posts
After looking at the hood on my 2-year-old black trunk, I am convinced I need to get this. I just paid my sales tax on my STi today, and I want the pain in my checking account to subside before I do too much more. Is it bad to wait very long before getting this stuff put on (I figure it's bad to wait for chips to hapen)?

1 - 20 of 103 Posts