IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone! i took delivery of my STi about 2 weeks ago and i got the blue on silver. i wanted the gold wheels but the dealership wouldnt swap them. so then i got a call today that they have an STi customer that wanted one with the silver rims but had gold ones only available for him.

the guys at the dealership was cool enough to set it up to where me and Don (who btw told me about this site) could meet up and swap wheels.

anyways, its blue/gold STi now instead of blue/silver :D . i love my ride and its cool to find other peeps who share the same enthusiasm as i have for the STi.

thanks to Don and Senator in SAC

·
Registered
331 Posts
nice man, good luck wit the car... ive had mine now since september and i love it more and more very day....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah dude! I got the Blue/Gold combo and love it, you have to get the blue/gold because it is the true race color. ( although my gunmetallic winter rims are on now). It's just like if you buy a ferrari you have to get it in red, because that is their race color. I don't know how much it matters to you or not but I was told by several dealers that the rim color is in the vin#. Anyways enjoy all day, every day, I know I have and i just got mine last wed. Jan. 7.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i totally agree with you Slick. i love the blue/gold combo. if im lucky enough to hit jackpot in the lotto. a red ferrari would definately be the next toy :D ! congrats and have fun with your STi as well.

im about 200 miles away from break-in and i'm sure everyone here would agree when i say i look forward to resetting the shift light and the buzzer! its torture not being able to rev past 4k RPMs!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I went for the blue with gold rim version also and I was in the same boat as you when I first started looking into getting an STI. The dealer had a blue with silver one sitting on his lot but he knew that I really wanted those gold rims. He would have swapped rims once he got ahold of a set but since I didn't have a garage to put the car in when that silver rimmed one was available, I passed on it. I cleared out a space in my Dad's garage and then ordered up my blue with gold rimmed one and am enjoying it since its delivery.

Enjoy that new STI and welcome to the group 8) .

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hey EARL, congrats on your new STi.!

I too, tried buying my STi @ Senators but those ass monkeys would not budge or deal with their price back in July so I decided to wheel and deal in a different location (Chico). Saved lots of money and got my STi at msrp. Either way, welcome aboard and look forward to seeing you out on the streets or at the track (Sac Raceway). Peace out.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey Vader,

i can see why you feel the way you do with the guys @ senator. they're not all that bad though. i used to work with one of the big dogs there so they were cool with me. plus i dont think you really regreted going to Chico though, did you? i've partied there a few times. and for a place in the middle of nowhere, it ROCKS!

thanks for the warm welcome though y'all! hope to see you guys at Sac Raceway. (after break-in of course) ;)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Your right Earl! Chico does ROCK! I am working on a project in Stockton on Friday, then that same evening, I am driving up to Chico to party with some friends. I can't wait. :)

Ps - When you decide to go to Sac Raceway, lets do a thread on the Pro Motorsport or the California link to make a mini meet @ Sac Raceway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts