IW STi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call from my dealer that my STi *finally* was delivered today, and I picked it up. Still have to take it back in another week or so, to have the stereo system, auto-dimming rear view, and 3M clear front cover installed. Put 40 miles on it today, and though I made sure not to red-line it, still had a blast driving it. In fact, I made up reasons to make trips with my wife and daughter, just so I could drive this beast. Fun! My wife complained that every gear shift caused her head to snap back in the seat, and I feigned ignorance. :p Got it for MSRP.

Also got the dealer to give me those deep, water channel rubber floor mats for free, and that's okay until I can buy some after market floor mats for the STi. Tomorrow I will take pictures and post them, along with my '02 WRX (which, by the way, is for sale to anyone interested in the DC Metro area, and is listed in this site's private "For Sale" forum.

Question about the break in period. I've heard to give the vehicle 1000 miles to break in. However, during the break in period, what should I set the rev limiter to?

Continued tomorrow with pics.

Chuck
Dale City, VA

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
floormats?

Congratulations! 4000 rpms is the max during breakin, so set your rev signal a little below that. Seems like you're shifting every 2 seconds, doesn't it? Enjoy....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congrats. I drive my blue/gold in alexandria and sometimes venture into the manassas dale city area ;).

I've had mine for 2 months now and have about 4800 miles on her. For my breakin, I just set my rev limiter to 3000, then gradually raised it up to 6000 changing the mark every 250/500 miles or so. As long as its gradual you will be fine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congrats...
I think I saw you earlier Today driving through the Seqoia Area past the MT. Vernon Multiplex. Looks great man! I still can't decide between the Sti or EVO... I've driven the EVO and one of the sales guys took me for a ride in his...was a lot of fun. I'm hoping to get a ride in one soon by one of the Moderators on this site. He live is NOVA too. How long did you wait for yours??

I just cant wait to get rid of my civic hatch and into...not only something newer but FASTER!:) Again Congrats...it definately stands out!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
lol sequia, I hate that area. I was showing off my new BOV to my friend. Its quite fun to let it go off next to pedestrians, they all look at you like some kinda racer dude ;P

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That wasn't me you saw, but someone else because I have only driven mine in Manassas and Dale City so far. Anyway, here are pictures of mine.

Chuck

lukeko said:
Congrats...
I think I saw you earlier Today driving through the Seqoia Area past the MT. Vernon Multiplex. Looks great man! I still can't decide between the Sti or EVO... I've driven the EVO and one of the sales guys took me for a ride in his...was a lot of fun. I'm hoping to get a ride in one soon by one of the Moderators on this site. He live is NOVA too. How long did you wait for yours??

I just cant wait to get rid of my civic hatch and into...not only something newer but FASTER!:) Again Congrats...it definately stands out!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you want to take a stab at how much homes like the one you live in and the neighbors home would cost here in Sonoma County California? You are lucky...

Nice ride by the way 8)

Paul...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, I'll bite, how much would homes like mine and my neighbors cost in Sonoma County, CA? I don't know about my neighbor, but mine appraised last year for $400K.

Thanks for the nice comments, too, guys. I'm taking the STi back to the dealer next week, to have the premium stereo, clear film front covering, and auto dimming rear view installed. Still only have 50 miles on it.

Chuck

hayscoob said:
Do you want to take a stab at how much homes like the one you live in and the neighbors home would cost here in Sonoma County California? You are lucky...

Nice ride by the way 8)

Paul...

·
Registered
13 Posts
On a 1/3 acre and 4-5 bedrooms and 2-3 baths you would have to cough up close to between 600k-800k depending on the neigorhood. those homes up on Fountain Grove Hill would cost just over a million. My best friend just bought a PUD home with a closet sized lot for 430k. His home is located in the second most un desireable neighborhood area in Santa Rosa. So, I consider you lucky. Lucky

Paul...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Wing Less AND Scoop Less...???

yeah... better... like the houses in gainesville, VA =] we just bought a house there.. gonna be finished end of november... we bought it for 470k 3months ago.. 5bedrooms 4.5baths... its decently big.. now it cost 520k =] they're building a firestation around the corner and a shopping center..probably in 5yrs it'll be around 800k

1 - 15 of 15 Posts