IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ACK!!! I found something in my hood scoop!

They both are. I carefully inspected it. Darn it though, I got back too late for pictures... it's dark now! Had to go give a buddy a ride. Tomorrow I should be able to get some pictures as I don't think it will be raining.

Now I understand why people are having a hard time keeping it under the 4000 rpm guideline during the break in. It really acts like it can't stand not being rev'd a lot higher.

Still have a lot of getting used to. It's a big change from my previous vehicle. I love it, I'm sure I'm going to love it even more as I get used to it. It's a great car.

One note, I wound up buying from Carr Subaru in Beaverton, heard a lot of bad things about Carr in general (both their subaru and chevrolet dealers) but I have purchased a Chevy pickup from them and now this and both times went through their internet guys and could not have been happier with how I was treated by those individuals. I have yet to find out how their service department is though. Hope they are competent and honest.

Also have heard about people finding spring spacers intact after the PDI but I'm not sure how they could see them... I can hardly see the springs. ??

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turned out to be a horrible day for pictures... woke up and very light, wet snow was falling which turned to rain. Oh, well. Here's a couple pics anyway in case anyone wonders what a wet STi looks like. I will get some better pics eventually.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
front

Back. You can barely see the dog in the window barking at the car. She needs a long ride in it to figure out it's "hers". :D

Attachments

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
YUMMY! Sweet! You got yours within days of mine.

See how quickly you can break her in. ;)

I've got 850 miles so far. . .in just 5 days. :p

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow!! Now that's some dedicated breaking-in! :D I've had mine for two (well part of yesterday, all of today), and I think I'm at about 105 or something.

I've been driving automatics for the past few years so it took awhile to get used to the 6-speed. It feels weird at first, as a couple others commented to me (only trustworthy friends, don't worry) but now it feels nice to work with. It will probably still be awhile before I can hurry my shifts very much or launch it though. Maybe by the end of the break in I will be really comfortable with it. My biggest worry is downshifting into the wrong gear, upshifting is smooth as silk now.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yukonart convinced me... although mine is 22%, not 20. This place has 38%, 32%, 22%, and one more. Not sure what that one is. They use solargard. Anyway, it doesn't look as dark as his, only 2% difference. I didn't dare go any darker even if they had darker tint. For my personal taste, dark is good, but I also don't want to get hassled. :cry:

Attachments

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
NICE!

Bear in mind my pictures were taken using my spot meter on my camera, so I was able to tone-down the glare and brightness of the direct-sun conditions. In the sunlight, my windows really don't look any darker than yours. ;)

Great job, by the way. . . . I'm just of a mind that, if I can afford to do this mundane stuff right away, I might as well get it out of the way now so I can just start enjoying the car once I'm done. This is why I'm walking to work all this week while my baby gets the alarm and audio, now that everything else is done. :p

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep. I agree. Plus some of the little things (tint, sound, etc) make a huge difference in enjoyment of daily driving.

I love the difference in appearance the tint gives, though I'll be the first to admit the silver/silver with tint is far superior (me = bowing "we're not worthy") but as you can see the other car is silver w/tint and no way did I want to have two silver cars in the driveway. :) Plus around here, silver seems hard to come by.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Have to agree with you, there. Assuming Subaru releases the right perf. package in the new Legacy wagon in a couple years, I'm seriously looking at one of those as a daily so I can build-up the STi more seriously at that point. (Post-factory warranty, of course)

No way would I want to have two vehicles the same color, even if they're both easier to keep clean. :p I think the wagon might be red or something. . . (more like maroon) but still something easier than black to keep looking nice.

And yes, the STi looks GREAT once tinted. Kind of finishes-off the exterior without the need for a body kit or even aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
What's up

Welcome to da club. You are flying STi airways! Enjoy your flight....;-)

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Nice...I like the ones with the B&W background! :D

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Some more updated pics... still stock (note the wheel gap) but I didn't have any pics with the lights cleared. These were taken on a really foggy day, so it's hard to tell, but the paint is gleaming like brand new. I used Meguiar’s Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner, Meguiar’s Deep Crystal Polish, and then Meguiar’s NXT tech wax and it looks great. Swirls are gone and scratches are greatly reduced and the color is deep, clean, and shiny again.

I'd have rather used RaceGlaze, which is a really incredible polish, but I was out and couldn't get any in time to take advantage of the good waxing weather and my day off. Still, it looks great right now. Wish I'd had some sun to show it off a little.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts