IW STi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a deposit on a Blue/Gold STi in Long Island NY. i think i got a great deal for $29,200 i just couldn't pass it up. and what makes it even better is im picking it up on my 21st birthday. now i got to learn how to drive stick, real soon, hope i make it off the lot. :)

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
I would say its a great deal. Congrats. Drive it safely until you can get a track day in and learn about how the car reacts to a heavy foot.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mn1028 said:
$29,200!!! That is an incredible price. Was that your drive away price or did they add any fees on top of that?

Congrats on the car!
thats everthing but the tax, with tax it came to about 31,800

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mn1028 said:
Whoa, very nice. That is almost the exact price I am trying to get after taxes. Did you have any options added to the car such as the Boost gauge or Armrest Extension?
just wheel locks. when i walked in and talked to the guy i was like i want a blue STi with gold rims what price can you give me. he said 29,7 then i said if you can give it to me for 29,2 ill buy today, he went to talk to his manager and came back and said we can do it. it was that easy, i was in there for like a half hour.

·
Registered
370 Posts
kevinh211 said:
mn1028 said:
Whoa, very nice. That is almost the exact price I am trying to get after taxes. Did you have any options added to the car such as the Boost gauge or Armrest Extension?
just wheel locks. when i walked in and talked to the guy i was like i want a blue STi with gold rims what price can you give me. he said 29,7 then i said if you can give it to me for 29,2 ill buy today, he went to talk to his manager and came back and said we can do it. it was that easy, i was in there for like a half hour.
Man that is great! Every time I ask my dealer about the car they go up in price. They want $32,700 for a White STi with armrest ext. auto dimming mirror and boost gauge and wheel Locks. The $32,700 was before tax. I said, no thank you. Anyway, congratulations on the car again and enjoy! How about posting some pics!!! :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just hope for your sake that you did not purchase the car from Grand Prix Subaru. Contact me for their unprofessional manner in which they do business. Remember, price is only one consideration. There's a lot to be said about service afterwards.

Subie

·
Registered
549 Posts
kevinh211 said:
I put a deposit on a Blue/Gold STi in Long Island NY. i think i got a great deal for $29,200 i just couldn't pass it up. and what makes it even better is im picking it up on my 21st birthday. now i got to learn how to drive stick, real soon, hope i make it off the lot. :)
Nassau or Suffolk??

And if you don't mind saying.. Which dealership?

I know Grand Prix was offering them for invoice, it was actually an ad in Newsday, ad couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
technica said:
kevinh211 said:
Nassau or Suffolk??

And if you don't mind saying.. Which dealership?

I know Grand Prix was offering them for invoice, it was actually an ad in Newsday, ad couple of weeks ago.

funny thin that you said Grand Prix, i've emailed then a couple of times and saw on ebay they have a STi for 29,214 something like that. So i went to a subaru deal in Nassau called North Coast Subaru they gave me a price of 29,7 and i told them the one in hicksville has them for 29,2 and told them if they give me that price ill buy today and we agreed.
its a small dealer, they only had wrx wagons in front, i talk to the guy they have them all in the back lot he said he had 3 sti's in the lot. they were a great dealer and very nice. if you want i can give you the name and number of the salesman i had, let me know

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mn1028 said:
Man that is great! Every time I ask my dealer about the car they go up in price. They want $32,700 for a White STi with armrest ext. auto dimming mirror and boost gauge and wheel Locks. The $32,700 was before tax. I said, no thank you. Anyway, congratulations on the car again and enjoy! How about posting some pics!!! :D

thats a lot for this time of year i think, i wouldnt pay anyhting over MSRP. try emailing a bunch of subaru dealers around you and tell them what you want (color, rims, options) and say your trying to get the best price around your area. print some of the emails you get and bring them to a dealer and see if they can match it or do better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gran Prix in Hicksville has a Silver demo with 2k miles on it. I think they want 28,000. I drove it last week. Some scuffs on the bumper. They said they will repair. They didn't have any new ones in the showroom, But they said that they can order for under 31,000.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Got mine at autonetwork subaru in queens for 29,200 + tax. Salesman said he would sell more at that price and they had 4 on the lot. They also let me DRIVE their demo car. Ask for JD and tell him that Eddie sent you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts