IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I did my defi install and noticed that after removing my throttle body I had oil in it, and after same with my turbo. :mad: The cold side of the intercooler. What could this be. A blown turbo? :notsure: But how, after only 1600 miles. My friend said that a lot of white smoke comes out of my exhaust when I start the car. Not sure whats going on. The car has a stage 2 from cobb. Is it time to all ready order my gt35r? or am I just wanting to order it? Lol.:D Either way, I want to fix it. I was doing the oil temp plug when I found the oil in the intake manifold about a cap full, and the intercooler (side the connects to the turbo). Let me know, so that I can stop driving the car, and order the new turbo. Also, whats a good bolt on turbo that the stock block can take. I plan to install the new fuel pump walbro 255 and new pe 850cc and a fmic from ultimate racing.

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
Insane06STi said:
Wow, you might want someone to look at that.
+1....

·
Registered
12,544 Posts
let me get this straight... u think u blew ur motor but u want to get a gt35r...

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
No he's talking about his turbo, not his motor.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea, i am talking about my about my turbo, i think the seal on the vf39 i think is bad. my friend who is a certified told me that it's the turbo. but i still want you all feed back. thanx

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the smoke does not smell sweet, like coolent. i have blown a head gasket before, and the smoke smells a lot like oil.

·
Registered
228 Posts
the car usually smokes a little when it's first started up if the motor's cold. i had a small amount of oil when i removed my IC as well. I doubt we'd have the same problem, and if the turbo still spools and works properly i wouldn't be too worried about it, unless there's oil or coolant leaking from the lines or you have dripping from under the car.

·
Premium Member
4,081 Posts
maybe you should take it to the dealership with that little bit of miles and see what they say, before you start adding aftermarket parts and have it become an even BIGGER problem. also check under the car to see if there is any type of fluid leaking..

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea, i would take it to a delarship, but i am over seas. and did you read, i have a stage 2 on the car, so i think they cant do anything for me since my warranty is shot. so i dont mind paying for the new turbo. pluss, it gets me a chance to upgrade with out the wife argue with me about it. :)

·
Registered
890 Posts
INNOVA said:
Well that's way higher then a stg2 car should be boosting.

Your car is creeping like crazy, no wonder it blew the turbo.
I would hit 20-21psi when i was stg 2 which is about 1.4 bar i think.. that's not too high of boost..

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
kessler89 said:
it's blow by, they all do it, how much is to much should be the question, are you loosing alot of oil? if the seal was bad it'd smoke alot of blue smoke (happened on my 03) not white, white is pry just condensation, get a catch can

That's probably what it is. Running over 1.4bar without a catch can, you're gonna end up with oil in your IC/TB.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts