IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know if anyone is running this exhaust. If so, what do you think of it? I love the aggressive look, but how does it sound and perform? And is there a cat in the center section? Also, I would like to run a turbo back exhaust, so which is the DP of choice to make this a top performing exhaust system?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
i will be in a week, i'll let you know before and after DP, as the DP will be another week or 2 after.

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
i just bought my exhaust from enzo, so he will ship it out tomorrow, i pray it gets in by friday, but we'll see. I will grab plenty of pics and will do a camera video thing - if the quality is good enough.

Robert~

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would great, I'd love to hear how well that exhaust sound. By the way, what dp are you going to run? Correct me if I wrong, but the Blitz nur r and a down pipe will make a full turbo back exhaust right?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I will be running Godspeed Motorsports's DP. It seems like an awsome/solid product. Yes that would make a full turboback. (there are three parts, Downpipe, Midpipe, Axelback... The catback hooks up to the downpipe eliminating midpipe and axleback, then a downpipe and we're set. I cant wait to open up this car's top end.

Robert~

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm also leaning towards the Godspeed DP + Blitz cat back, or TurboXS stealth back+ Blitz axel back. Are both the cats located on the DP? Or is there on on the midpipe or between the DP and the midpipe? Correct me if I'm wrong, if I get a Godspeed DP+ Blitz cat back I'll be running a catless turbo back without getting the race test pipe?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Robert,

What are your thoughts on the Blitz tapering down to, I think 2.5" at the connection of the DP? Do you think this will effect the performance?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
NeverT00fast said:
I'm also leaning towards the Godspeed DP + Blitz cat back, or TurboXS stealth back+ Blitz axel back. Are both the cats located on the DP? Or is there on on the midpipe or between the DP and the midpipe? Correct me if I'm wrong, if I get a Godspeed DP+ Blitz cat back I'll be running a catless turbo back without getting the race test pipe?
Both cats are on the DP and thats it. Yes with GS DP and Blitz cat back you will be running catless.

Robert,

What are your thoughts on the Blitz tapering down to, I think 2.5" at the connection of the DP? Do you think this will effect the performance?
?? Its supposed to be 3.1" throughout. Maybe not in the touring edition, but I know the blitz nur spec R is 3.1" throughout I believe. I will look it up.

Robert~

·
Registered
597 Posts
yeah please let us konw if its a true 3" as im interested in purchasing the blitz nur r...does the exhaust come out crooked though?.....and if i bought a downpipe that has a midpipe with it and the downpipe has a cat in it already, what do i need from blitz, an axelback?....do they make one?....and will i still be making ok power with a metal core cat in?....thanks.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
TR11 said:
yeah please let us konw if its a true 3" as im interested in purchasing the blitz nur r...does the exhaust come out crooked though? It shouldnt, but I will double check.....and if i bought a downpipe that has a midpipe with it and the downpipe has a cat in it already, what do i need from blitz, an axelback? yes I assume so as the full blitz nur spec R comes with a midpipe as well....do they make one? yes they make an axel back....and will i still be making ok power with a metal core cat in? yes it shouldnt be much different depending on the quality of your DP and Midpipe (since it wouldnt be blitz's) ....thanks.
Robert~

·
Registered
597 Posts
thanks for the answers, cause i was looking at zerosports DP w/ midpipe combo and then the blitz axelback...but if you like your sound and power made i may switch to your setup...but i do want one cat for emissions so what would i have to do to get one in there?.....throw one in the midpipe?....does blitz full system offer a cat in their midpipe?....thanks

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
ya thats the problem im running into... I think im going to try to possibly get the APS downpipe with CAT. As it has the divorced entry (for the wastegate/exhaust) and then the cat adn then the rest of the downpipe. I really want GodSpeed's, but... i dont want to have emission problems. I will keep you updated with what APS says.

Robert~

Also: "The tip is 114mm & the piping is a nice 80mm, all 100% stainless steel. " -mvpmotorsports.com

80 millimeter = 3.1496063 inch
114 millimeter = 4.488189 inch

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
well my blitz nur sepc should be in soon lol... DANGIT HURRY UP UPS!!!

Nov 14, 2003 4:45 A.M. HUNTSVILLE, AL, US OUT FOR DELIVERY

holy crap... they are like 15 minutes from my house lol and its been ~14 hours.

well the guy sent me a REALLY REALLY bad gasket with the exhaust... so review will be tomorrow after we make some. sorry...

Robert~

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm glad to know it's a full 80mm. Can you take some pics before and after the install and possible a sound clip with gods DP.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Hey guys,

I want to air an idea after something I learned after my discussions with some of the folks over at Gruppe-S. It seems that MANY manufacturers are offering exhausts that are allegedly 3" mandarel bent piping exhausts, yada yada.

However, you will not get to take full advantage of the 3" mandarel bent piping that you are paying for if any portion of the exhaust is less than 3". It seems like the manufacturers taper their exhausts and downpipes so that they can individually mate up to your stock exhaust should you choose to install a downpipe only or a catback only. Air flow will only be as great as the smallest diameter of the pipe can flow because the point where the pipe tapers will be the point of most restriction. If your exhaust tapers, you will never actually be able to take full advantage of the 3" mandarel piping. When I confronted one of the representatives on the phone about this, he conceded the point. From what he said, Helix downpipe is one that he knows of that does not taper. As for exhausts, I have not done enough research as I just learned this last night. I think, but do not quote me that HKS does not taper.

What I want to communicate is that upgrading your exhaust will undoubtedly yield more flow, but if you are going throw that much cash into your exhaust, you should know what to look for so you can at least expect to achieve the maximum gain possible.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
well most companies have to taper, if you didnt, the 3" would be bigger then the flange going to the stock downpipe. I bet companies like APS and such dont have it tapered, but you have to buy their FULL turboback kits, which is like freaking $1XXX. As for the blitz, its full 3.1" except for the first | | in front of the flange. I dont see how that would affect anything as its only at the entrance, now if you had 1/2 of your exhaust that small, then ya maybe that would affect something, but 1/2 an inch of your exhaust? Exhaust gas is also like air (or any other gas), it'll fill all the space provided. As soon as it gets past that entrance point it'll immediately fill all space and since there is a huge amount of exhaust (especially under WOT), it would use all of that 3.1". I will grab pics and show you what it looks like. It should be going on today. Besides blitz is one of THE best companies for exhausts. They usually sound the best, and perform the best (if not pretty dang close). Either way im not looking for a 50hp gain, as I just want the sound, the DP will be the big stumbling block to remove.

Robert~

edit: ya lol im talking a lot again, but another good point would be... having that shrunken entrance would kinda "compress" the gas and then it would still have its 3.1" exhaust to flow through. So wouldnt that help retain some back pressure (helping to aid in boost creep), although not a lot of back pressure, but some. I do see your point, but I dont see how it affects to a great deal. Maybe you're 1-2hp away from where you could have been,but... *shrug* its just a catback.

As for dp, i think im going to go with the random technology's catalyst downpipe. Its like a straight pipe, but still filters, which is what I want. That and RT has been doing this for ages, so I know they know what to do (when it comes to filtering exhaust + performance). All depends on what the entrance of their downpipe is like.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts